1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

It's hard to decide which field to pursue a career in

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Mar 28, 2014.

1. I'm lost about what I want in my life. I don't where to go, what to do, or How to deal with it anymore. I want to go back into school, at the same time I kind of miss seeing the ocean and the beach. I think about going back into college in a different field since I dropped out in 2010 because that field I was majoring really had me hate it so much. Then I think I might drop out again if I do. So many people tell to go into something that will make me money even if it doesn't interest me. I know how well that worked out last time. I feel deep inside that I want to pursue what I love to do.

I love to Create pictures and drawings with any material I can find.
    I love to write about random things and keep an organized list sometimes.
    I love make music, learn theory, practice and experiment, and perform to my family
    I love to research computers and take apart old ones, find out stuff about them, and it's a fascination that's grown on me since I built my own a year ago.

But since coming home after leaving in 2010, I felt conflicted and unsure about what I really want to do in my life. It's like I feel empty inside and I can't explain it very well. I feel less interested in doing anything recently and it sucks. Like my life has no meaning or purpose anymore. I'm not suicidal, that's the last thing I'd want, ever.

2. brituc1

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There's no reason you have to limit yourself to one thing. You could pursue more than one career or you could follow one of the things you like as a career and still hold onto the others as hobbies. As far as not feeling interested in doing anything, it could be depression. You dont have to be sad or suicidal to be depressed. I've been there, wasnt sad or anything but just had no drive to do anything, lost interest in my hobbies. I talked it over with my shrink and he pointed out that depression can hit people in different ways. It could also be hormonal, sometimes a hormone deficiency can affect your personality like that. Have you considered talking to a professional?

3. I thought about seeing a professional