1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being singled out

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NoMercyMercury, Mar 29, 2014.

1. It seems that EC and places like this is the only place I feel really accepted.

I am a male but because of difficulties, I cannot transition, as explained in an earlier post. It does kill me inside, but it's something I generally just don't talk about.

Anyway, point of this post, I am pregnant and have a child. This makes it difficult for other LGBT people in my area to accept me. "How can you be pregnant and be a man?" "How can you not transition and still think of yourself as a man?" Yes, these are things that local GSAs, and LGBT groups have said. Like, they're supposed to be the ones that are understanding since my "straight cis-gendered" friends don't.
    Speaking of them, they have a hard time accepting me into their groups because "She thinks she's a he" and "She's dated women and trannies before!"

My boyfriend basically accepts that I have a "past" but what he doesn't know is that if we weren't having this baby and if I didn't have to "appear" a certain way (relating back to an older post- maybe I should make a blog entry just for reference since I'm so confusing) I would have already transitioned which means he wouldn't have been dating me being that he is a straight man. I guess a woman who "acts" like a man is fine by him though. Whatever.

IRL I feel so alone and like I'm working 24/7 to keep a secret. Online, where there are kind and accepting people (such as here), I can be myself and it's the only time I feel free!

There's no out-right "What do" questions here other than, how to fit in? Or maybe How to feel like I fit in? It would help to know if any of you feel this way and how you cope.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I feel that way too here it's the only place I can be myself and out doors and at home I'm pretty much assumed to be some random straight girl and it sucks because I'm not straight and I can't be open about who I am or people would tell me I'm confused don't know what I want or that some guy will make me happy because I'm a femme lesbian .
    Your seems a lot harder than mine .

3. Nick07

I am sure you are not alone (*hug*)