1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nightmare

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by DeLuna, Mar 29, 2014.

1. DeLuna

DeLuna Guest

I had a nightmare recently that was pretty vivid......

In the dream, I was married to some handsome straight guy that had no clue I was trans.. For some reason he did not know, I don't know why!! Somehow he found out I was trans and started choking me to death than I woke up..........

What does this mean?? It scared me lots and lots!!!!!!

2. nyxe

Wow. Sorry about your dream. Dreams can be crazy sometimes. I'm no expert on dreams myself, but I have heard different specualtions of what dreams could mean. Some experts say that your dreams are showing you something you fear inside. If you really want to find out what it means, I suggest doing a google search on meanings of dreams. My mom had a scary, very vivid dream a few months ago and she found some insight through searching about a few sites.
    Sorry I couldn't be more help :/

3. Villo

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I understand why this dream scares you, but I wouldn't think too much about it

People have beliefs that dreams are related to the real world and what can happen in the future, and it even though this can occur (the whole déjà vu thing) it is not something that happens often.

I honestly think what you had was 'just' a nightmare, and an extremly uncomfortable one.

But you said he didn't know you were trans once you got married in the dream, so that part could maybe be related to your unconscious?

4. Kat 5

Dreams: random firing of synapses in the brain. The mind tries to make sense of these synapses, while trying to use sensory input from the body (noises, smells, etc.). Mash all this together, and you ma'am have a dream. So it is probably nothing important. You will probably be traumatized for 2 days or so. Once I had a dream where my mortal enemy tried to rape me. Left me shaken up for days.

5. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    When you go to sleep, one of the things your brain is doing is memory processing. As a result of this, dreams can often manifest in the form of things relating to what you have experienced and your conscious mind tries to make sense of the synaptic activity. Often, more recent memories and experiences can be prevalent in these dreams.

You have to remember though, that embedded in your memories are emotions and so will be things you've thought of, hoped for, regretted or being anxious about. These hopes and anxieties can also get processed and so as you dream, they can manifest as nightmares.

It's very possible, that your nightmare is a result of your underlying insecurities, anxieties, mixed in with other memories. I mean, you've certainly been stressed out a lot lately, from what I can gather from your posts. I would try not to read too much into it and move on and focus on the now and getting yourself sorted.

Hope this helps

Happy days :slight_smile:

6. ThePhoenix

It seems to me it was just your subconscious bringing to light some of your fears and anxieties. Dreams can be strange things, but I wouldnt worry about as it was only a dream a may have brought to light some things. Dreams can exaggerate our fears, doubts and everything in between and can be interpreted in many ways. My advice don't worry about it it was just a dream and has no chance of coming to fruition.

7. B B

B B

Sweetheart, there's nothing to fear about this dream, it was probably caused by your anxiety and fears. You're in a difficult period, aren't you? Your parents won't accept you for who you are, and so your subconscious expressed this fear of not being accepted in this dream. I think it could also have been caused by the fact that, at a certain point, you wanted to kill yourself... In fact, in the dream, a person who loves you (it could be the figure of your parents, or even yourself) tries to kill you after discovering that you're trans, just like you wanted to do some time ago. So, don't worry: I'm not sure if dreams are only "random firing of synapses through the brain" (thank you Kat 5 for the definition :3), but I'm pretty sure this dream was only a result of the difficult events you've been through in the past few days :slight_smile:

8. I doubt we want to go into dream theories and Jungian Psychology at the moment,it will just complicate matters.You have been through enough already.I am really worried that you are not responding to your previous thread....

If you see this post and you feel like you can not stop thinking of this particular dream,then google is there.It might help to concentrate on something else.You are in a vulnerable position at the moment though.If you would like to understand yourself and others better,then google is there and can be useful.It may be a bit overwhelming at the moment though and feel that it may be a good idea to consider researching these topics at a later stage.

But...I am really worried at the moment.I hope that I can get some kind of response from you.Any response.