1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suicide..

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by willycubed28, Mar 29, 2014.

1. willycubed28

I found out the other day that a friend of mine committed suicide. He had a wife, and young son(3 years old). My heart is just breaking because he was a great guy, and had so much to offer. My heart is also breaking for his wife and his son. His wife thinks he killed himself because they were struggling, and they would get his life insurance. So sad though. I have been through this before knowing someone who killed themselves. It just saddens me greatly knowing that he killed himself. It was one thing when I found out he died, but to find out this..just makes it worse.

2. Soaring

I'm really sorry for your loss. My other mom committed suicide when I was young. It's really hard. The grief you feel when someone commits suicide is a lot worse than when people die of natural causes or from an accident.

3. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! I'm so sorry that your friend committed suicide. I can only imagine how you must be feeling, and what you are going through. Losing a friend, especially a friend whose friendship was dear, and had meaning, is never easy. (*hug*)

4. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am so sorry. If you need someone to talk to we are all here for you. Hugs(*hug*)(*hug*)

5. Kat 5

I take pain quietly. A really nice girl in 7th grade killed herself 2 years ago over the summer. I forgot her name because I try to forget painful things. That was a summer of depression.

6. deejay

Out Status:
    A few people
    Sorry for your loss... My prayers for those who mourns...

7. squally89

Just want to give you a (&&&) and (*hug*)

8. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I am so sorry for your loss. (*hug*) We are here for you if you need to talk.

9. willycubed28

I just don't understand....I don't understand why he had to kill himself. I have so many mixed emotions...I am angry. Angry that he would take his own life and leave us to mourn him. Ugh...I just hate feeling this way.

10. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi there! It is okay to have the mixed emotions you are experiencing at the moment. Coming to terms with your friend's passing, and understanding as to why he took his own life, will take some time. It is okay to let the anger out.

If you can, speak with others about your feelings, and thoughts. It might also help to trying be there for his wife, and son. Over time, you will find some of the answers. (*hug*)

11. willycubed28

The thing is, the first week that I moved to Florida is when he killed himself. I cannot physically be there for them. I can be there for them over phone, and over facebook but that is it. I felt guilty because I couldn't make it to the funeral because my job wouldn't let me off with me being new. She understood. I remember though something very vividly that morning before I knew he had died. I can't get it out of my head. His wife had slandered him publically on facebook, dissing him as a father. He was a good man, and a great father. I think she was just pissed at him for something. Then later on that day, she said that he was found dead all alone in the house..

12. B B

B B

I am really sorry for your loss... I'd like to be able to offer more than just some words, but sadly this is the only thing I can do through the internet. I really hope you'll get better soon... If you need to talk, we're here for you (*hug*)

13. Nick07

I am sorry (*hug*)

I think that no insurance company in the world would pay money to them if it was a suicide. He must have known, it's in every contract as one of the exceptions.

14. Sepina

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm sorry for your loss, we may not have anyidea what you maybe going through BUT... we will be here to listen

15. apostrophied

Actually, I'm pretty sure I remember learning that they do, but only if the policy was taken out long enough before the suicide occured (for obvious reasons). I'd need to check again to make sure, but it makes sense if you consider that suicide is a side effect of illness (depression). And since life insurance covers for illnesses, that should include depression.

I'm sorry for your loss, OP. I lost someone by suicide, so I understand your pain. I can't start to imagine how his wife must feel, though....

16. Nick07

Hmm, not mine. But if it's possible, good.

17. apostrophied

In a way, that's a good thing, I think.

18. setnyx

all those emotions are normal with this kind of situation. i've seen the fall out from suicide and i've been suicidal. unfortunately we see no other way out. i agree, seek help dealing with this and share with us when you feel you need to.

19. Kat 5

DeLuna is back. She only knocked herself out.