1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How would you characterize this?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Ters14, Mar 29, 2014.

1. Ters14

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello, everyone.

I'm bisexual and 28 years old. I've been involved with 4 men and the same number of women. However, I have a situation that's stumping me and perhaps you can offer some perspective. It involves a guy who is now married.

About a year ago, I met a personal trainer with whom I've become close. I have taken a few classes he teaches. Early in our acquaintance he was very rough and course in manner, during class. I could never understand but he always initiated conversion outside of class and remind me that he doesn't hate my guts. Obviously, he was trying to break the ice but I remained cooly polite.

My first impression of him, although very masculine he is, was that he's gay. We all know that first impressions can be presumptuous, however. Anyway, he good gamed me one day, as I was about to run a lap outside.No one else saw it but the gesture threw me off and I chalked it up as an accident.

Shortly thereafter, I walked into the gym, while he was with a client, and his eyes locked with mine. It was a long and hard stare which he refused to break until I was no longer in his view.

Not long after that, he came and sat by me, as I rode a stationary bike and started a conversation. I was a bit intimidated by him but found myself easily conversing with him and told him my career goals, and a little past professional background. He immediately decided that I would prepare for my future goals, although I couldn't start the career for a while. He also told me to let him know if I ever needed anything. I believe he captured my heart at that moment.

He took charge of my exercise program and got all our mutual friends aboard with his plans. Everyone defers to him where I'm concerned and anytime there's a conflict, they take his side. I couldn't share our conflicts over my training, even with my mother because she came to like him.

Later, he brought his girlfriend to class and she immediately came and started speaking and flirting. I diverted her attention and he became upset and asked me to do air squats in front of his crotch. I moved him to the side and started them but he stood back in front of me.

The next thing I recall is that he walked into a room where I was standing and said, "Good morning Sunshine." I was surprised to hear that coming from this masculine man. He grew closer when he patted me across the chest. When he saw me talking to a woman, once, he tried to lightly touch my stomach and I patted his shoulder. I think this increased his comfort level with touching me. He was soon comfortable touching my lower side and back, while supposedly trying to show me the proper exercise techniques.

I tested the water and told him I know he would do anything for me, and that I would never want to say or do or tell him anything that might upset him. He said that he always wants to know what's going on.

I remember another time when I was standing and looking at a board, where he writes the exercises, he came up and sat down closely and looked me softly but intensely in the eyes as he asked how I was doing. I might have read more into it but it conveyed an intimacy. It's not the only time he'd ask me but no one else that.

Sometimes he would be so severe with me that others would say how bad they felt for me, as they could obviously see he had me completely dominated. Conversely, he would tell me, I guess speaking for the class, "We love you, even though we don't act like it."

He wanted me to call him when I relocated to tell him thank you for everything he's done for me. I must say that if it weren't for his support, my career wouldn't be possible. When he took my call, he went to another room alone and hated to get off the phone. For the lonest he has constantly teased me, for instance, if I'm laughing or smiling around somebody other than him, he says, "What you smiling at, boy?" What's your opinion?