1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

flirting

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by laurenc, Mar 30, 2014.

1. laurenc

laurenc Guest

why is it easy to flirt online but hard to flirt in person ? . I can flirt online very easily yet I cant get myself to do it offline and when I try to its to hard . any advice ? if it helps any I am not out as trans :tears:

---------- Post added 30th Mar 2014 at 03:02 PM ----------

never mind I will ask these questions on another website where I will get replies

2. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It's not uncommon for people to find it easier to do things online. For one reason, if you're flirting online, you have time to think of what you're going to say/do before you actually do it, whereas in person you sometimes have to think on the fly, which can be stressful and cause people to freeze up. I have this same problem too. For instance, if someone sends you a flirty message and you reply, you can type a reply, scratch it, type another, scratch it, and so on, whereas in person you only get one shot. Also, in person, the person can see your reactions and you can see theirs. Body language is almost as important as spoken language when flirting, and either you or the other person may be giving off negative signals with body language (i.e. eyes, the way you stand, awkwardly fidgeting with your hands) that make it more difficult to get the right message. The Internet also provides a certain degree of anonymity, even if you're using your real name and photo. For instance, you can see my photo on here but you have no idea what I'm really like, and I have no idea what you're really like. Trying to flirt with someone whom you've seen their personality can influence it too. On the Internet, you can show a different side than you do in person. I don't talk about sexuality or romance stuff in person with anyone but my close friends, yet online I'll talk to lots of people (mainly other LGBT+ people, but people).

Hope this helped a bit.

3. laurenc

laurenc Guest

your reply is very helpful. thank you :slight_smile:

4. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey people will reply just give them a chance. I agree with the above poster it is much easier to flirt online. I also think it is partly due to the ability to remain partly anonymous online. For me it is because I can hide any embarrassment etc.

5. setnyx

it's easier to flirt when you can pick and choose your words carefully and of course delete them. lol