1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am so lonely

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by CME, Mar 30, 2014.

1. CME

CME

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I feel so, so lonely. Today, someone told me that the gay community is so small that I will keep running into the same people over and over for the rest of my life and we will all date each others exes or at least know of each other through something else. To me, this sounds like a living death. I have had two bad long distance relationships with other lesbians over the internet and I hope I never encounter them again. Will I really have to deal with them later in life? What are the chances? I really just want to move on with my life. I have never tried to meet other lesbians anywhere but the internet because I attend a very conservative college and might get hurt if I were openly gay. I really want to meet other lesbians in real but am unsure of how to do that. I don't know anyone like me and really want advice on how to meet other people. So I guess my question is, what is the best way to meet other LGB youth and is the gay world really as small as people say that it is? I really, really hope not. Also, how did all of you come out to your parents? I am very close to my mom and I have been so depressed. She is worried and doesn't know why I'm depressed. I'd really like to tell her but I'm afraid she'll be angry. When do you know when and how to tell your parents? Thanks for all of your help in advance?

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm pretty lonely too and want a girlfriend but I think it's best to tell your parents when your independent and don't need them to support you

3. PalestrinaMX

It's lonely for a lot of us :frowning2:.

4. revi

revi Guest

It may be lonely, but the point is to NOT give up looking. I mean look at how many members have been on this site since it started. A whole lot. It's hard to find someone and you might find them in the strangest of places you never know. For all you know you could meet them on here or something! So don't EVER give up hope because there are so many people out there waiting for the amazing person you are.

5. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right Revi :slight_smile:

6. Just remember that you're never alone and that someone is struggling too. You don't have to come out, but it can help if you have support. Do you have a local support group in your area? like PFLAG, an internet meetup group, a facebook group dedicated to LGBT youth? You'll find someone, it takes time. You'll never know. Just think positive when you feel alone, and fine someone for support. Your mother may accept you for who you are, It sounds like you two a very close. If you want to play it safe, find a support group and tell your mother. But overall, you don't have to come out. I'm not good with words or advice and I hope it works out for you.

7. thrnvlpidj

Relieve your mom's worry by telling her you are depressed because you are lonely. You only have to go into as much detail as you are find comfortable.