1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Challenge After Challenge/Pushing Through

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by willycubed28, Mar 30, 2014.

1. willycubed28

For the past 6 months I have been dealing with a lot. It has been one challenge after the other. A friend of mine or I should say a so called friend of mine scammed me out of money when I was trying to help him. I have been dealing with that for the past 6 months because he wrote bad checks but not only that he forged his dead grandmother's name to the checks. He missed his court date twice, and now he is in jail with no bond. That is the good part. Shortly after I got scammed out of money I was in a bank when it got robbed at gunpoint, and came face to face with a live handgun being put close to my face. That mentally was upsetting for me and took me awhile to get over. Then shortly after that I found out that my dad is really sick, my grandfather is very sick, and my sister is in liver failure.

I began to wonder how much more I could actually take. So I made the decision to move to Florida. A few days before the move though I found out I have herpes. And that was like icing on the cake for me. I had to make a decision. Was I going to let another bad thing keep me from doing what I wanted to do for once? I decided to move forward with my plans. The move hasn't been easy, but I did get a great job at one of the most famous restaurants in the southeast of the united states. I took something away from all of these challenges. I could have either let it break me or make me. I guess though the final blow is when I finally decided to come out to my mother, she now wants nothing to do with me. I love her, but I decided I cannot base my life around her and or her happiness. I had to make me happy. Also the loss of my friend from suicide was the really final blow.

If you are going through a challenge, or a rough period. I want you to know that you are not alone, and that you can and will get through it.

#1 willycubed28, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
  2. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sorry to hear about everything bad that's been happening in your life recently. You really deserve a break! Hope your father, grandfather, and sister pull through! <3

And lastly - thanks for making this thread. I know that you aren't the only one, so it's awesome to see someone making a thread like this. <3