1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Have you ever?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Radioactive Bi, Mar 31, 2014.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Have you ever reached a point in your life where you are so upset and in despair, that your emotions seem to shut off and you become numb to the world? I've been there once, but managed to pull myself out.

I'm only asking because someone close to me seems to have hit that point and I'm struggling to get them out if it. I can't give to much detail out of respect for them, but suffice to say, a lot has gone wrong for them all at once and I'm starting to worry about them.

I don't think they will go to see proper help so I was just wondering what your advice would be?

Thanks..

2. Nick07

It's hard to give you advice without knowing more. Try to let them know over and over that you are by their side and you are not going to leave no matter of what. That you are not going to judge them. Try to come up with ideas how to change their situation.
    Don't wait till they call you, be the active one, so that they don't feel abandoned.

3. Shea

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Whenever I get that way, just knowing there is someone who really cares about me is like a lifeline.

4. awesomeyodais

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Try to meet with them in situations where they can actually talk (i.e. not in huge group or during busy activities), open up about those difficult times. Talk with them, but more importantly, listen. When there's a lull or hesitation in the conversation resist switching topics. It's going to be uncomfortable at first, but sit it out. The important and difficult stuff doesn't always come out in an uninterrupted flow. Hugs are good.

5. Yes,I have.

Unfortunately it is difficult to give advice because the info you shared is rather vague...

The advice given seems sound.But its a tricky thing to do without knowing more about the situation...

I understand if you feel that you can not do that(if so please follow the advice given)

PS Shea has a point.Make it clear to that person that you care and will not abandon them.Do not do this too forcefully though.