1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Friendship problems

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by NotSureWhatIam, Mar 31, 2014.

1. NotSureWhatIam

So I used to have a crush on my best friend for a little bit (I crushed pretty hard but I didn't let anything happen because of the "straight boundaries" for the sake of our friendship). I've gotten over the crush luckily but now I just want to fix our friendship. Recently he has been stressed and really busy with work and school, so we havnt really had any time to just hang out. Thing is, he hung out with his girlfriend over the entire weekend every time I asked if he wanted to hang, and even on a night we had plans he went off with his girlfriend to do something and I didn't even hear from him until later (so we only hung out for like an hour, and I was third wheeling most of the time). This guy is like my brother to me, I'd take a bullet for him and I've stuck my neck out for him. But lately he's not even talking to me as much. We used to text all day every day but now we only text once in a while. I really don't want to lose him as a friend, but I'm putting in all of the effort and he's putting in none of it. We used to be close enough for me to sleep in his bed even though I'm gay, but now he wants me to sleep on the floor. I think he caught on to me liking him and he still thinks I do. I don't want to bring it up because I could be completely wrong about that part, but he is definitely not as tight with me as he used to be. He's been putting up a straight barrier so big that it's hard to even be his friend anymore. Anybody have any advice, am I being paranoid or overbearing, or is he pushing me away?

2. superspyguy

superspyguy Guest

It reads like he is trying to move on with life. In his list of priorities, you do not seem to rank highly. However sad it sounds, your friend is moving on and focusing on other things. It may be worthwhile to sit him down and tell him exactly what you wrote above, but there is a possibility that he may just ignore it and move on. Once he does that, you move on and forget him. This happens between people all the time. The best thing would be to move forward and toughen up. Cheers.

3. NotSureWhatIam

I guess the truth hurts. I hate to see him go as he's really changed my life for the better. But every book has its end I guess.