1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to avoid awkward party encounters?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Soillse, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So I'm going to this party on Saturday, and I'm kind of nervous about it. The last party I went to was really bad - people had gone through my phone a week or two earlier and found text messages to a girl. It wasn't romantic but they thought it was, and I made matters worse by saying "she's straight" (I wasn't thinking). So I went to this party and they outed me to all of my friends who didn't know, and when I started having conversations with girls, they would come over and ask the girl if she was my girlfriend. I got really down and sort of went into denial. I ended up spending most of the party with this guy, half to convince the others I was straight and half to convince myself. I felt awful the next day, and had to try to let him down easy.
    I don't want that to happen again, I want to be able to make friends without them worrying that I'm hitting on them, and I don't want to hurt anyone or use anyone. (I'd also like to maybe try my luck with this cute bi girl I know, but that might go on the back-burner for now)
    Anyone have any advice for me - I'd be eternally grateful.:help: