1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I feel like I have A second Chance

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Basic, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Basic

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    In the past month or two I've posted about hating my job and not particularly liking my orientation. Then posting how I lost my job and crying about that.

So the past few weeks I wallowed in self pity; but I managed to work up the courage to call the admissions to the college and a pretty neat set of coincidences happened. First off I had recently got current with my last student loan which was about to default, this was before I had lost my job. Now when I had called admissions I was going to be denied outright because I had been suspended for poor grades and had to make Up six credits. Turns out I had already made up these credits before abandoning school all together. So okay, sweet, I can reapply.

Then I'm told of the fifty dollar application fee. Now I've already spend my last check on keeping the lights on and paying the rent. So I scrap all my money together and I have enough. So fine, I wont eat for a few days till unemployment kicks in. I got dog food for the pooch and that's all that really mattered.

Now I go to the library to print off the application, turns out their doing some sort of test in there and their not letting anyone in. So I usually never have any luck with this sort of thing but I asked if I could still use their computer to print. The lady looks around and waves me in. "Just be quiet dear" Woohoo right? So I get it printed and fill it out. Next stop college. I park the car and head to admissions.

Now I'm feeling relatively good. Everythings coming up my name. So I'm chit chatting the admissions lady. Turns out I can get the fee waived because of a program I was in the first time I was attending.

Now you have to understand things like this DON'T happen to me, ever. I don't believe in fate, but how things ended up going you could almost make a case for it. So things are going swell and everything is peachy.

(This is the part where I whine a little)

Now this Past Sunday I got a call from my Union hall. They've got work for me. "Nooo!" Is the first thought that went through my head. It's on the same site for a different company. Doing the weaker of my two trades I do. "Fine" So I get down there on monday, do my Eight hours of orientation, again. Now I give the foreman a call to find out the scheduled and what not. It's 10 hour days with options for 12, and it's not the kind of option you can say no too. Great. . .

I already live an hour from the site. Now I'm going to have to detour thirty minutes to drop off the dog at my sister's house everyday so the dog's bladder doesn't explode everyday, she's an old lady after all. So I crunched the numbers. I've got 9 hours at home before I go back to work. Goody, just enough time to shower and go to bed. I've got five months of pure hell before fall semester (assuming everything works out). Doing something I hate nearly every waking moment.

But you know what. I'm optimistic. Five months is nothing compared to the length of time I've already put in, doing things I didn't want to. The crew I'm with seems like a real nice bunch of guys, well most of them. Also I'll make a bunch of money, which is always good. If things stay their course, I think I'll make it. I'm more hopeful then I've been in a long time. I've always taking things day by day, if you know what I mean. In some ways I still am; but now I've got something I can latch on to. It feels like I'm finally a little bit in control of my life.

Wish me luck.

I should've been asleep two hours ago!

(Thank you to bingostring and Meagan for posting in my other thread, I didn't read it again till today. Also thanks to TJ for writing to me, I did see that, and I'm sorry if I was rude for not responding)