1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How does one live with a social anxiety problem?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by twospiritlycan, Apr 1, 2014.

1. I've made some progress in the recent year but I still want to at least make it less of a problem than it need to be.

2. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have that problem too , i've been living with it most of my life one thing that helped me live with social anxiety is that I accepted that I will have this for the rest of my life but just because I have it doesn't mean i'll let it control me or stop me from having a good life , I'll take baby steps to getting better . that's what you must do and not beat yourself up for it , Just two weeks ago I was able to go to the mall myself and not have a full blown panic attack , I even brought myself new make up and everything , I was so proud of myself I know for some people this is normal to them and they wouldn't get why it's a victory for me but I know if I try a little at a time I will do better and better . :slight_smile: just keep trying and the fact that your getting better is a good sign what I do is set goals for myself .

3. Kat 5

I would die of a heart attack before I even walk through the door.

4. Nicholas1991

Get help. Dont make the same mistake as me and ignore it.

5. apostrophied

Cognitive-behavioral therapy. And yes, I should take my own advice.