1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sure about sexual identity, unsure about the next step to make?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by cballz, Apr 2, 2014.

1. cballz

I figured out I was gay when I was about thirteen. Ever since then I've never really doubted it. I've always been attracted to women and been in relationships with them. I identify 100% as a lesbian. My girlfriend and I are in a pretty serious relationship. I love her and I'm pretty sure I want to be with her for a very long time, possibly the rest of my life.
    However lately I've been feeling very confused about one of my friendships. I met him a year ago, during a time when my girlfriend and I were broken up. I had a big crush on him but never anticipated anything happening because a) I'm not really the one to jump on guys and b) he had a girlfriend. Fast forward to now. He's single and he texts me all the time and very obviously flirts with me. Just last night he fessed up to having a crush on me which launched me into a state of confusion. Ever since, I can't stop thinking about what it would be like to be with him for just one time. I've never ever slept with a man but I've always been curious and I think out of all the people I could sleep with, he would be the best option. He's very trustworthy and I'm not afraid of him catching feelings because he's not that type of guy. Basically I just want to have sex with him one time because I want to know what it's like.
    But where does that leave me? If I do, I'm a terrible person for cheating on my girlfriend even though it would strictly be just fucking and no feelings. She has also cheated on me in the past. But if I don't, I'll spend the rest of forever wondering what it's like. I'm just so confused, need someone to talk me through this and be real with me. I feel like my head isn't on straight.

2. B B

B B

I think it's perfectly normal to be curious about what being with a man would be like; maybe you're even a little bisexual, I don't know, I don't like labels, and that is not the point. While wondering what it would be like to have sex with a man is totally alright, cheating on your girlfriend would be wrong. It doesn't matter if she cheated on you in the past, doing this would only hurt her and endanger your relationship. Also, I don't know what happened when she cheated on you, but I'm pretty sure you suffered. So, if you really love her, I'm sure you wouldn't like to make her suffer like you did.
    I don't know how much time your relationship with your girlfriend will last (and I hope for a very long time), but treasure it, and if it will end, well, that will be the time to experience straight sex.