1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am i in the right relationship?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Amy981, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Amy981

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I have been with my boyfriend for 4 years now but cant help to feel like i should be in a relationship with a girl, i have never been with a girl but the urges are getting too much and i don't know what to do about the boyfriend :/ Arghh

2. silverhalo

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Maybe you should try taking a break from the boyfriend?

3. Amy981

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    i just don't want to hurt anyone, my mum has told me before that she would be extremely disappointed in me if i was a lesbian and i do love my partner very much it just doesn't feel right constantly thinking about my sexuality.

4. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Because you've been with your boyfriend for so long, I think that you need to talk to him about this. As you can imagine, his reaction might not be the greatest, but he deserves to hear it from you first before you make any decisions.
    Who knows, he may be totally on-board, and totally understanding of your feelings. If you don't communicate everything to him, he could feel like you're hiding something from him, or not know why you broke up with him, which would probably lead to some mixed feelings.

Like silverhalo said - maybe you could work out taking a break from him while you figure out your sexuality a bit more.

5. Amy981

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Thank you both!

6. bazinga91

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think that because you are questioning, you should look into those feelings. After being with someone for such a long time, maybe you just need a break to figure things out. No harm in that better to know than wonder what if

7. paris

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I agree with all the above, besides you should understand that your sexuality is not about what your mom wants it to be but about who you really are. If you are attracted to women and want to be in a relationship with a woman, that feeling can only get stronger over the time when not acting on it, but you already know that. I understand that you don't want to hurt anyone in the process but being true and fair to yourself and your boyfriend is the best you can do right now. (*hug*)