1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Should You Do If Someone Insults Your Family

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Apr 3, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

My dad was telling me a story about how a football player headbutted someone for calling his mum a whore. He asked me what I would do, and I said rise above it, and realise that they are WORDS and nothing more. He then asked me if I would do the same thing if it was my mother in question, I said yes. He said he hoped that day never came, and if it did, he alluded to administering physical punishment, me being less of a man for not doing what the football player did, and how he'd be majorly dissapointed in me. The only thing he agreed with me on is the "two wrongs don't make a right" motto I had. Would it be cowardly to ignore such disgusting insults?

2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    The fact of the matter is, everyone had the freedom to say as they please. Even if it's stupid or insulting. That's the very meaning of free speech, and I defend that. As long as they don't lay a hand on you. The right to swing your fist ends at another's nose.

However, if they are going to talk shit to you, they must be prepared to receive it as well. If someone insulted my mother I would completely verbally lay into them about their family. As long as they give the same curtesy of not putting a finger on me then I have no problems. Of course the second they do so, you can start to break things.

I would say that is a pretty fair response. I really don't care what anyone says to me. It's only words, and I care nothing for the opinions of idiots. Fortunately I don't encounter many people like this.

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    In middle school assholes used to say "your momma so *insert insult*". I used to get up set when I was like 12. Then my heart grew cold and I told kids to fuck off or insulted their mother.

Then I stopped caring.

Then I grew up.

4. ZenMusic

I just thougt it would be best to ignore pathetic, feeble attempts to hurt you, and my dad called me a wimp.

5. Theron

"Yeah? Well your momma is the town bicycle!"

No, I kid. You're being very mature for your age. Your dad needs to grow the hell up. I don't know about the UK, but in the US, even if someone is insulting you, if you throw the first blow then often times you'll be the one in trouble.

6. WhiteShadows

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There are better ways than headbutting someone to tell them that they are stupid and horrible...

Just tell them to shut up and stop fantasizing about older women...