1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being too obvious?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Csp1993, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Csp1993

Csp1993 Guest

Now that I have been comfortable with myself and where I'm at, I have been trying to drop hints at school for the friends I am around regularly. My school is having a LGBT support day this month. I expressed to my friends what a great idea I thought it was and that I would love to participate. Then, some conversations were sparked about these two girls that started dating. I, of course, let out my excitement and approval that they were out and together. Most recently, a group of my friends and I were having a conversation about weird ways to make out (don't ask, we go down the weird road a lot). One of my friends said something about a weird way to place your hands and I wanted to show a humorous example of it. I immediately, without thought, turned to my best girl friend and made an example. Trying to recover from it, I turned to my best guy friend and gave the same example. I then realized how incredibly dumb all of that was and just stayed quiet for a little bit. Was that extremely obvious?:icon_redf

2. EleanorHunter

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    To be honest, it doesn't seem very obvious to me. Then again, that might just be because of my friends. Out of all my friends, the majority of them are straight girls in my school's theater. They support gay rights, and will jokingly flirt with each other all the time. If they hear about a new gay couple, they get really excited. Heck, they'll even flirt with me from time to time, and all of them know that I date chicks and dudes. It's just not a problem for us. So if your friends aren't like that, then I could see why you might be worried. But other than that, they probably didn't notice.

It only sounds like you're being obvious when you make remarks about dating other girls. It's hard to explain. A good example would be when everyone around you is complaining about dating guys and you chime in with "Hey, girls aren't any better!" I tend to do this pretty often, which is why my friends will burst out laughing whenever somebody thinks I'm straight.