1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

my mom wants me to go to a fancy school but I don't want to go just yet

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by stocking, Apr 3, 2014.

1. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have been going to the community college because it's cheaper and l don't have the enough credits to go after the classes l want .so I just want to finish up at the expensive school l think she only wants me to go so she can boast to people. So she decided to force me to go down to the school so they can take me in. I know that l will be the only one paying because she'll say your working you can pay for your schooling now and that would put a dent in my plans to move out. I think she's trying to trap me into staying with her. A student that went their told me I had to have surtain amountof credits and I know l don't have near that amount. But she wants me to take programs so I can go what do l do?:help:

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your 25 y/o u need to get out of the nest and have things the way u want it. Just stick with community college and don't listen to your mom. Also u tell her no I'm not paying for it u can since u think I'm so rich.

3. BelleFromHell

Be thankful it's a school.
    My mom told me if I don't open up and eBay account and learn how to sell shit, she's not letting me come with her when she moves. She refuses to give me a ride to a real job and she won't let me get a driver's licence.

To make this short and sweet...
    I WOULD FUCKING KILL FOR PARENTS WHO GIVE A FLYING FUCK ABOUT MY EDUCATION.
    (maybe that wasn't so sweet, sorry...)

It's about time I start being more selfish, the only thing that matters in my life is getting an education!! My family and all my backstabbing, lying, bitchy friends can all go to hell!!!
    (I had to get that out of my system, sorry again...)

If you hate that school so much, why are you letting her force you to go there? You're 25 years old!
    I'm 17 years old and I already think my mom doesn't need to have anymore responsibility of me.
    Is she threatening to kick you out or something?

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right but I might get punished, l'm trying to leave the nest but she keeps blocking me at every turn.

5. Kat 5

Trade ya. My mom will not stop nagging me when I have A's in all classes. "Oh. You got a c on this 5 point assignment. Fix that or you cant play the xbox for a week." Shut up. My Gpa is fine. Just STAHP.

6. BelleFromHell

At least you have a GPA...
    OMG, I would totally trade with you. :astonished:

7. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So you guys will also like getting beaten up and punches to your faces to by your mom when she's mad and have random fights 10pm at night when you come from work and when your trying to do home work she starts random fights with you sure l would love to trade

8. BelleFromHell

You think your the only one with a violent mom?
    My mom's beat me down so many times, I've lost count...

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 06:40 PM ----------

And don't even get me started on the time my step-dad slapped me across the face and my mom was on his side.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 06:42 PM ----------

I'm getting too emotional...
    It's best that I leave this thread.

9. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian

10. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Don't do that, it will only make things much worse. If she's abusive, then you can get her arrested. If you think that isn't a viable option which it most certainly is, than you have to find some way to get out of there. I know you have been having a problem figuring out how to go about that, but there is always some way. Anything is better than being with such poisonous people. Trust me, I know. Do not let her bully you or force you to do anything that you don't want to do. Regardless of your age, what she is doing to you is highly wrong and punishable by the law. You must not let her keep doing this or it will only get worse. A scratch will turn in to a bruise, and eventually that bruise will turn in a bleeding wound. If you give such people an inch, they will devour the whole map.

The first problem that you brought up in this thread about college is more like a sub problem. First you must take care of the main problem which is finding someway to get out of their and taking it. Everything else will eventually fall in line after that, and you're life will be much better and less problematic when you do so. Whether you have enough funds to get a place of your own or not, you must find a way to get out of there and permanently get as far away from such poisonous people as you can immediately.

11. BelleFromHell

*you're
    My grammer skills aren't too good when I'm angry.

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 07:26 PM ----------

I think your mother abusing you is a much bigger issue than her wanting to send you to a nice school.

12. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I have no where to go I asked my friends and they one hadn't gotten back to me the other doesn't have enough money to leave I don't know what to do .

---------- Post added 3rd Apr 2014 at 08:40 PM ----------

It is the school may seem like a nice gesture but it has hidden malice behind it my mom never plays nice when it comes to me . sorry for my bad grammar but I was on my sell phone it's pretty hard to make corrections on that thing .
    I don't know what to do I'm scared to look for places to rent on crag site . I don't know what to do , I thought I could count on my friends but so far nothing plus my job cut my hours so I'm in deep crap when it comes to saving money and I've been saving up for a year now and it's not even close to getting an apartment in connecticut . Everything is just gone to hell . :icon_sad: I'm trying to find a higher paying job but nothing is biting this whole week just sucks. Maybe I should starting to make more money

#12 stocking, Apr 3, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  13. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Those can't be your only options. There has to be someplace you could go to get away from them. I know it's a drastic decision, but could you possibly work at a shelter or something, only for the time being and work out a deal where you could stay there as well. I'm not sure at the moment exactly how you can get out of there, but I know that solving that problem is the key to solving all of your other problems. For every problem there is an answer. You just need to find yours. I'll try to help with advice and ideas if I can, but you know more about your situation and your surroundings than I do, so you'll probably have a better chance at finding that answer before I do. Even though you have better knowledge of your situation and your surroundings than I do, that doesn't lessen the merit of what I said.

You can get through this; there is a way. You just need to find out what that way is first. I don't have much more advice to give about this at the moment, but if you ever need help and think that I can help you somehow, then just let me know and I'll see what advice and ideas I can offer to help. Even if you think I can't help, still give it a try. I can't promise anything, but I am pretty good at surprising people and solving problems.

14. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm not going in a shelter , I've been in them once and it's horrible drug addicts are there you get your stuff stolen , it's a scary place I'm not going back in there I rather stay with my abusers than have my stuff stolen and people abused me

15. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I was just offering up ideas, but there is still some solution to this. It's important that you find the answer to that one first. That way it will stop the production of more problems from your parents and it will eliminate all of the current sub-problems like the abuse and college problems.

16. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Your right . the best I have is save up a bunch of money them leave T_T which doesn't seem to be fast enough . I should have called child services on my parents:rolle:

17. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's never too late. :slight_smile:

If they won't do anything because of your age, then the police will.

18. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    The sad part is I don't want to call the cops on her even though I know I should :icon_sad:

19. ShadowSpirit26

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    This may sound cold, but the cold can have healing effects of it's own. If you do nothing to stop this, then you bring the consequences onto yourself. People like that do not deserve to be parents, and even if you are related by blood, she's not a mother to you is she? I may be overstepping my boundaries right now, and if I am than I apologize, but I already had a similar situation to deal with, and if you can end this, than I highly recommend you do so immediately. I would hate for you to get hurt worse or suffer more because you're clinging onto this idea that since she is biologically your mother, that that's somehow suppose to mean something or make this okay. This is not what real parents do, and you should not let them get away with what they have done and what they are doing. In the end, the decision is yours but by not doing anything to stop this, you are bringing this on yourself and it will only get worse even if you think it can't. I'm sorry, but that's the truth and realizing the truth is a step forward to finding the solution.

20. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I just wanted to leave peacefully you know , I know I should do this but I'm so scared