1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Painting my nails

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Akira12, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not sure if I can put this here or if this okay to ask and not clutter the site lol. I just turned 18 and wanna start painting my nails again but every time I did in the past I had parents and grandparents pulling the guilt trip and such on me. Or the were did I go wrong, I really don't like u doing that then they act depressed the rest of the day/weeks. Is it okay for guys to paint there nails or should I stop? Really love the different colors u can do! I have people calling me girly for wearing earrings which I have in both ears or nail polish and other such things is that bad?

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    U could do the emo look and paint your nails black.

3. bethpurple

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It's not bad. When people are thoughtlessly perpetuating bad traditions like that, you don't have to listen to them - but it seems likely they won't change their minds, and I wouldn't blame you for not wanting to have to deal with that.

4. Akira12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yea don't like that they do that, they say there accepting and open minded and yet turnaround and ostracize me for my decisions or try and tell me what to do even though at the same time they want me to grow up and be my own person....well here I am being my own person

5. Claudette

Claudette Guest

I was a "Goth in high-school and kept my nails black, socially it was ok I supposed so long as I dressed the part.
    my parents (well really only my mother, my father was never good at communicating his feelings) gave me a little flak though

6. alex3191

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    A couple of my guy friends paint their nails and wear eyeliner (or as they call it 'guyliner') it goes with their look (goth/emo) so nobody really notice's.

7. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Guys with black nails are hot. Other colors, idk so much. I've never seen it and I think it might be *too* feminine unless they want the androgyne look.

8. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If painting your nails makes you happy then do it. All that matters is that you like it. Besides it's just nail polish it can come off.

9. Beetle

Nail polish shouldn't just be a girl's thing. If you wanna wear it, go for it! If people give you flack it's because they're trying to push gender roles on ya. There's nothing wrong with being girly, whether you're a girl or a boy.