1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I went on my first date need advice

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Stridenttube, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

So I just had my first date yesterday. We met online and get along well, in person it wasn't that great. We were both really nervous and I didn't say much. He said he really likes me but I'm not sure how I feel about him. Are first dates always awkward? Its really stressful for me because I have social anxiety.

2. theMaverick

First dates ARE usually a little awkward, especially when you meet online. Given that you have social anxiety it will definitely be harder for you BUT you got this! Until you know how you feel about him, don't rush into anything.

3. Stridenttube

Stridenttube Guest

Good advice. I'm going to dinner with him again tonight. He said he would try to be less nervous. The thing is, I am still nervous.

4. theMaverick

Okay, that's great! Being nervous is normal in these situations, I think. It is for me anyway. Try and focus on him and getting to know more about him. Ask him some questions, stuff like that. Once you get into an on-going conversation with him, it may be easier for you and distract you from being nervous.

5. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Try to vary where you go for dates too. Drinks and meals are good if you are chatty and want to get to know someone, but they can be a little awkward if the conversation dries up. It's to be expected though, so don't worry too much about it.