1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New school

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Anonymous, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Anonymous

I'm going to a different school next year, and i think they have an LGBT club or something... idk if i should join or not, I'm afraid of coming out to a new community of student. I want to be surrounded by more people like me, but I'm afraid of rejection.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Get to know the people there see how it goes and if u think they'll be ok with it then just chill and good luck :thumbsup:

3. mobrien1993

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If they have an lgbt club then you should join it. It shows that there are already several lgbt students in the school. Or else they wouldn't have a club for it. I would go for it. It's a chance for you to have a fresh start at a new school and be yourself, find friends who like you for who you are.

4. blimmr

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    A NEW SCHOOL!! You're getting a fresh start. The first thing to do is if you're out the closet, establish that you are again in this school. Doing that means you wont have to hide or shy away from sexuality discussion. Also, be everything you weren't in your last school. Not everyone gets a fresh start.

5. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

I agree with Blim, if you openly come out to a new school then there isn't any drama. LGBT groups can be a great place for people to meet supporting friends, not to mention that it's hard to be rejected by new classmates when you're the new kid, c'mon new kids are always the hot stuff around school :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6. Anonymous

im not open tho

7. Zelos

You are afraid of rejection, but if you join a LGBT club, by defintion, you won't be rejected :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: They will understand you because they are like you. Think of it : have you had a good time on EC? Did you see one of rejecting someone? Just the other day I saw a staight man posting in the Welcome Lounge, and we welcomed him like we would welcome anyone. The LGBT club you're thinking the join works the same way. All the members have something in common, and they support each other. You won"t be rejected in your new club, I'm sure of it. :slight_smile:
    Besides, you can meet very interesting people and make valuable friends!