1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trouble with Cuddling

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Zeevie, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Zeevie

Hey :slight_smile:

So, as the title suggests, I'm having a little trouble when it comes to cuddling...and what I'd call romantic intimacy. I will say I'm a bubbly person in general, and do hug my Mum and friends etc. but have only realised when I started dating that for some reason cuddling makes me feel really odd.

With my first and only boyfriend - I really liked the idea of the affection, of the closeness, but ultimately just ended up feeling incredibly uncomfortable cuddling and disliked it.

Once I began to accept myself and my preference of the ladies, I thought that my discomfort towards things like cuddling, hand-holding and hugging etc. was just because I had no desire to do those things with a guy.

I know I'm emotionally attracted to women (as well as physically etc.) and still like the idea of affection, intimacy of closeness etc. but still think I'll be uncomfortable with it like I was with my bf.

Thing is, I don't want to find out when it's too late - when I find a girl I really like, only to then discover I can't relax and be close with her.

So, any ideas how I figure this out? Get over how I feel about it? Or any advice/thoughts in general? :help:

2. thrnvlpidj

Why build a bridge if there's no water to cross.

If you do discover you can't relax and be close to the girl of your dreams post back then.

3. Kiss Da Girl

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    How long have you been with this girl , because it took me a longer time then with most other people I have been with to get close the princess I currently dating. We literally sat through a two hour movie asking each other " is this okay ? " every two minutes as we moves our arms around each other . The point I am trying to make is give it some time and patience and you will be cuddling in no time.

4. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    :thumbsup: This

5. Vince

First off... Give it time. Everyone is different and takes their own time to adjust to new steps in a relationship. It's way too soon to worry.

6. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yeah i also think that giving it time will work it out. I haven't cuddled with woman but cant wait when its my turn to have knight.

7. Theron

Give it a chance first.