1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Good online stores for gender neutral or androgynous clothing?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Beetle, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Beetle

I always have trouble shopping because I find most women's clothing not my taste, and I like men's clothes but they're always way too large on little skinny me and most of men's shirts are too long and look like dresses on me, haha. I looked up some androgynous stores, and although I do like the clothes, a lot of them are way out of price range, like $100+ for a shirt. I guess it's designer stuff.

Summer is coming up and most of the stuff I own are jackets and long sleeves. I don't really like t-shirts and v-necks on me. I prefer collared button down shirts and like the way they look on me, and own quite a few, though most of them are long sleeved. The sleeves can be rolled up but on hot days it still wouldn't be comfortable to wear. Problem is, it's super hard to find these in women's sizes! Most of these are men's and I love some of the shirts I find but they'd be huge on me. And if there are shirts like this for women, they tend to be too "froofy." I'm so picky, haha.

So basically I like men's style clothing, just in women's sizes so they actually fit me and not look like pajamas haha. I just want reasonable prices, like $30 and under for a shirt.

I hate that clothing has a gender...

2. I don't know if this will be helpful since I'm getting it rather secondhand, but one of my male friends is really little and he tends to shop at places like H&M because they have sizes that fit him better. I know their prices are decent, especially if you raid the sale items.

The other thing is that you can have a lot of things tailored to fit you better. It might be a pretty penny depending on where you go, but if you can get the shirts for pretty cheap and find an inexpensive tailor, it could definitely be worth your while.

3. Beetle

I've actually bought things at H&M before at the mall and found a lot of stuff I like there. Not seeing anything online I'm too crazy about though. And yeah I've had stuff tailored, but like you said, it gets expensive.

#3 Beetle, Apr 5, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2014
  4. Vince

I buy clothing from boy's youth sizes and I think those might fit you(chest size might be a matter? Mine are almost nonexistent...) but the boys jeans are great because they aren't form fitting and then some of the t shirts for teenagers can be nice. I shop affliction from Buckle and helix a lot for more adult looking designs. Helix clothes are cheaper but they don't hold up as long.

5. Maybe online asian clothing stores? They tend to run smaller and have more options than the little boys aisle :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. I used to dress very masculine and bought most of my stuff from hollister, Abercrombie, and Aeropostale.

6. Beetle

Yeah I have some Helix shirts from Macy's but they run long so I always had to hem them, haha. My favorite one is falling apart though...but it's about 4 or 5 years old now.

My boobs are pretty small so I don't worry too much about chest size. I'll try the teenager-sized clothes but I do prefer more adult designs.

I'll try the asian clothing. I did buy a jacket from one recently in XS and it fits nicely.

7. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to make most of my clothes myself but since my wrists got bad I don't tend to do that anymore but sometimes if I find a piece of mens clothing I like but don't want it to look too baggy I just take it in at the waist a bit, like literally just a simple line of hand-stitching on either side does the trick with no cutting required but I suppose it depends on how you are with sewing and you might not want the hassle.

8. Beetle

I have no idea how to sew, haha.