1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I am depressed?!?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Will2M, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Will2M

I am so confused. Is it weird to recognize depression in myself? I have everything going for me in my life and no reason to be depressed but almost everytime I get in my car I wonder what it would be like to just crash into oncoming traffic. I'm very confused about myself because I shouldn't be depressed based on how awesome my life is.

Possibly SAD? Living in shit weather Washington doesn't help. I don't think it has anything to do with my orientation either. I have kind of moved on from that revelation.

Someone talk to me. Please.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Your orientation might be effecting u and maybe u just weren't meant to live in cloudy weather all the time I think I would love that. But yes u can definetly recognize depression in yourself mmm hmm absouloutely.

3. BMC77

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, it sounds like depression.

This lovely Washington climate can take a toll, unless, of course, you are a duck. I have had problems this time of year for several years now, partly, I think, because I get so tired of rain and gray skies.

---------- Post added 5th Apr 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

One question to ponder. Is your life awesome because you are where you want to be (or headed that way) deep down? Or is awesome because it looks great on the surface. (For example: you drive a nice car, you have money, etc, etc, etc.) It seems to me that if you are not living the life you want deep down that you will feel the effects. No matter how awesome things may seem on the surface.

4. Ditz

Hi Will

What you are describing sounds like depression to me.

Depression is a chemical imbalance in your brain, it can be triggered by stress, some medications and obviously different life experiences. It can also be heredity, meaning you could have inherited it from your parents. Point is, there's many factors that can cause it and it's not necessarily something negative that's happened in your life.

The good news it's treatable and you don't need to suffer from it. Go speak to your doctor, he or she would be able yo prescribe you some meds that should get you out of it pretty quickly. You can then try to figure out what triggered it, a therapist or your doctor will be able to assist you with that.

Daily exercise also helps to curb depression and is a great way to keep it from coming back. The endorphins that is created during a work out boosts your mood and generally counteracts depression.

5. GayDadStr8Marig

Will, it could be physiological and/or psychological. The fact that you can recognize the depression in yourself and have reached out to us tells me you're probably ready to take whatever steps are needed to get to the bottom of the problem,whatever it is. So I'd suggest seeing your doctor about SAD. And I'd recommend committing to a few sessions with a counselor to look at whether you have really integrated your sexual identity as well as you thought you did.

6. B B

B B

It really sounds like you're depressed, or at least you're really close to depression. I'm not really sure about what causes depression, but I think it doesn't always depend on the way your life is going. Maybe you don't have what you really want? Any regrets? Maybe this is just the result of a goal you never managed to achieve, or maybe even the consequences of some actions of the past. Sometimes the pain comes only later, and when it does, you don't understand why you feel it now. Do you have any friends you can talk to, or a boyfriend/girlfriend? I think, being closer to you, they may help. Explain them how you feel and think deeply about your life: maybe you'll find the reason of this depression. Also, if this goes on, consider talking to a therapist or something like that. If this is depression, you should take care of it really quickly, to avoid making it become worse.