1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't know what's wrong with me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by B B, Apr 5, 2014.

1. B B

B B

I don't even know how to start... Well, I'll try my best to explain everything clearly.
    I've always been that kind of girl who doesn't go out much, who likes to read and be on her own and doesn't have many friends. I also had the disadvantage of going for the first two years of high school in a little private school, that didn't have many students, and so I couldn't make friends with many people. To give you an idea, in my class there were barely nine people.
    Last Septemeber, six of those people had changed school, and so I obviously changed it too. I went to a public school, the one I had always wanted to go to. At first it was fantastic: in my new class there were 24 people, and I had the chance of knowing so many other students... I thought I was finally going to have more friends! But I was wrong. As time went on, I started to notice how my classmates weren't very friendly with me and didn't want to go out with me. They had already been in the same class for two years before my arrival, and they had made small groups of friends; and so, they excluded me. But I didn't give up. I continued trying to be friendly and make friends with them, and I thought I had managed to make friends with a girl, but today I understood she was only using me, because I could help her study. She totally excluded me, telling me to go away for a while because she had to "make plans for the evening with two friends", like it was a secret! I was shocked, because I thought she was my friend, and when I asked her to go out, she always told me that she was too tired... And they were all lies.
    I don't know what to do. I recently broke up with my boyfriend (after that I discovered I was a lesbian) and I don't have many friends... Just five people or so. And I wonder, what's wrong with me? Why do people not like me? I always try to be friendly and help them out if they have a problem, but I just don't seem to be able to make friends in this new class, and I feel so lonely :frowning2: I'm sorry I wrote this long post, but I really needed to talk about this :'(

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That's ok! I love to read long posts:slight_smile:
    First of all I don't know why they're excluding you but maybe it's because you're ht new one and they're the "original class". I don't think it's not you that is the problem 'cause you want to be friendly and you're cool!!:slight_smile: Is there really nobody that seems to be nice?
    Feel free to write me a message if you wanna talk(*hug*)

3. CuteZhemn

Out Status:
    A few people
    Your not alone. Ive went through same kinda situation. There is nothing wrong with you. Those people are just how would it be said.. Well to me it was that my school mate tried to rape me so i had to change school. I was new so everyone in the last year already had circles. So i actually found two groups but both treated me like air. I thought i dont care and started just do what must be done thinking that its fine its year than im free of them. Had lot bullies ect. After i broke contact to all of them they start to ask me why. But i think it was obivious. Who would like to be treated like that?. Dont give up. You are awesome just the way you are. :slight_smile: Really hope u find someone nice friend that you deserve

4. B B

B B

Thank you very much to the both of you, your words made me feel better and a little less lonely :frowning2: CharlsOn, yes, there are some people who are nice to me, but they don't seem to want to see my outside school... To them I'm just a classmate :frowning2: I don't think I'm that cool, but thanks anyway :frowning2:
    CuteZhemn, I'm really sorry for what happened to you, those people were really terrible, and no, I wouldn't like to be treated like that, but I don't understand why I can't make friends D: and the only explanation that comes to my mind is that there's something wrong with me :frowning2:

5. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

First you're not lonely!!!
    Second there's something wrong with the others!!!!
    I have not many friends either. I've got one good friend with whom I can talk bout many but not all. The other "friends" are just schoolmates. That's it. I know I'm different and th others, too although they don't know why:slight_smile:
    Don't blame yourself!!:slight_smile:

6. B B

B B

Your situation is really similar to mine! Maybe then it is true that I'm not the problem... But I still don't understand why people don't want to hang out with me, and I'm afraid I'll remain alone for life...

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

There are always people that are like you! One time you'll find them.:slight_smile:
    And I'm afraid too...

8. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

My dear compatriot, remember you I will say to you:

The best people who made great things in the past for our history have never been popular or full of friends.

The school environment is the worst environment for a young person because it's full of snotty kids (bimbiminkia) who believe they are the world's owners. But they are only snotty kinds and stop (bimbiminkia, appunto).

If you are not popular, if you're not enough in the lastest fashion, if you're not enough superficial, if you're not stupid and a mò di capra who do whatever the others do...you're not sufficient interesting. For this snotty kids, obviously (bimbiminkia, di nuovo).

I have never had a friend. Never. Neither one.

Before I thought I was wrong and nobody could never loved me because I wasn't enough interesting for my classmates.

But it's not true. Now, I finished the school and I say goodbye to all those snotty kids (ormai lo sai che significa :wink: ). And I understand, finally, this:

If the snotty kids like you ----> you are a snotty kid.

If the snotty kids don't like you/ don't find you a interesting person ----> Be proud of this! Sei libera dalla sindrome della bimbominkiaggine! (!) (!)

:wink:

9. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I went through that during high school. I never moved schools but I still couldn't make friends. My graduating class was 176 people, but I was not really friends with any of them. I hung out with people at school, but not outside. I had 2 friends that I would hang out with, but one died when I was 16, and I quit being friends with the other when I saw 20. I honestly found it easier to make friends at college/university than in high school.

10. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Fire Smoke, that's right!!!:grin:

11. B B

B B

CharlsOn: well, if I'll be alone, I'll adopt plenty of cats :'(
    FireSmoke: thank you, your answer really made me smile :slight_smile: thinking about my classmates, I think that you're right, and they're really nothing more than snotty kids (non sapevo volesse dire bimbiminkia! :grin:). So I'll try to keep that in mind and I will not care anymore if they exclude me :slight_smile: (in effetti non ci avevo mai pensato, ma se sapessero che sono lesbica probabilmente mi tratterebbero come un'appestata senza pensarci due volte)
    Phoenix89: really? And I thought it was exactly the opposite! I really hope I'll find more interesting people when I'll go to university, then!

12. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I want to speak italian!!!

13. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

:roflmao: I will teach you, if you want :icon_bigg

14. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

That would be fun:slight_smile: Grazie:grin:

15. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

You're welcome :wink: And yeah, that's the right attitude :thumbsup: Remember that stupid people will blame you even if you have nothing to blame, just because they want taking the air to their mouth :slight_smile: You have to listen only to your soul and your mind. If you do this, you will certainly take the right decisions :icon_bigg

E si, purtroppo l'essere omosessuale non avvantaggia molto ma, credimi, questo rappresenta soltanto un fattore peggiorativo per il loro punto di vista. Nessuno sapeva di me a scuola, eppure non è che mi trattavamo benissimo :slight_smile:

16. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Sometimes they just have nothing better to do then gossip around and blame others for anything.
    There's a cool song I heard,
    it's by Die Ärzte (the doctors) - lass die Leute reden (just let the people talk).
    Hope I translated it right:slight_smile: And they say exactly the same. It's just right!:slight_smile:

17. B B

B B

I'll try my best to do that :slight_smile: and I really hope I'll find better people!

Però son contenta perché dove sto io c'è un centro per ragazzi LGBT, e penso di andarci non appena avrò fatto coming out con i miei genitori :slight_smile: lì spero di incontrare persone migliori!

Can I help? :lol:

@CharlsOn: I didn't know that song, but I'll listen to it as soon as I can! :grin: (which means Monday, when I'll be able to download it with the wifi of the school :icon_bigg ). And I'll just let people talk, without caring about what they say :slight_smile: