1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sometimes being an adult sucks

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Landslide, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Landslide

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    So my car insurance is fucked up and it's the company's fault. Basically I bought my first car from a dealership in November of 2012 and had to get insurance before I could leave with my new car. So I talked to the guy on the salesmans phone and he told me I was getting full coverage, then he talked to the salesman and after that was set up we finished the process. Then I got to take my car.
    Fast forward to December 2013, I got in my first accident. I was cited for it though it wasn't my fault. As I was going through the claim, I was told I didn't have collision coverage. At first I was upset, then I got suspicious. I was sure full coverage included collision. (My car wasn't badly wrecked, just a small scratch and crack on the left side of the front bumper. Proof I didn't cause the accident.) So I looked at my plan and it said Liability, I tried to read it but it made no sense to me. I went over it with my aunt and she said the insurance messed up they gave me liability when I HAVE to have full coverage since I make monthly payments on my car.
    So how do I handle this? I know I have to call my insurance company but how to say all this in a professional way? This whole situation really pissed me off, I feel like I was taken advantage of for being young and not understanding the difference between full coverage and liability. And though I typically have a soft quiet voice, it's the complete opposite when I'm pissed. I've been told I'm really intimidating when I yell. And I don't want to yell at some random person on the phone.

I need full coverage, it's their mix up and I shouldn't have to pay more for it. How do I say that like the grown up I'm suppose to be? Please help!