1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Attraction, fetish, or personality disorder?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by justjade, Apr 5, 2014.

1. justjade

I love men with long hair. I think it's really sexy and just generally visually appealing. I recently watch the new Captain America movie, and Sebastian Stan is incredibly hot as The Winter Soldier, especially due to his long, gorgeous hair. I mean, his awesome physique helps, no doubt, but I loved his hair!

Most of the guys I've dated have had long hair. In fact, when I first met my husband, he had long hair. I loved how soft it was and how I could run my fingers through it. It was awesome.

But that's not the issue. The problem came when he cut it off. I cried about it for weeks. In fact, over a year later, I still miss it. I also have a friend who went off to Texas to join the Air Force, and he had a huge, beautiful, curly hair. Of course, I got upset when he left, but then I was talking to my therapist about him. She then asked me how I'd react to seeing him without his hair, and I freaked out. I don't know how I'm going to react if he comes back, but I'm kind of worried.

The problem is that I have some kind of attachment to long hair, I think. It could be an overblown attraction, I guess, but I wonder if it has something to do with my mom. She had really long hair, and she was really nurturing. However, she also got cancer when I was a kid, and the chemo caused her to lose almost all of her hair. Then she died. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not, but it seems like an odd coincidence if it doesn't.

2. Kat 5

I wouldn't call it a fetish. It is more like a preference.

3. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^^Preference. It's only into fetish territory once you look at the hair mostly by itself as erotic. But yeah, guys with long hair are hot. :grin:

4. justjade

OK, not a fetish. Good to know. :grin:

5. apostrophied

I don't know what it is, but I assure you it's not a personality disorder, if that makes you feel any better lol.

6. bb2008

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I mean, the term "fetish" tends to shift with who you're talking to.

I think it's more important to realize that your sexuality is deeply tied to your other feelings. I've noticed this with many of my attractions. For example, there was a time in my life when I felt absolutely trapped, and I would alternate between being really into outdoor sex (no walls) and being really into sex in tiny rooms.

What I'm trying to say is that fetish, attraction and emotional/mental state are definitely -not- mutually exclusive things. So don't worry about putting a label on it. :slight_smile:

7. justjade

Well, my therapist said that I have some sort of attachment to long hair. I'm not sure what that means. Google doesn't have any results for that, so I'm kind of lost.

8. Ruthven

Well there's nuthin wrong with likin' long hair...but i mean yeah maybe there could be sumthin up if it upsets you so much when someone cuts it off...

but i mean hey, maybe you're just real emotional over stuff you really love(or just over long hair). cuz i know i am in general, an emotional person, and i get very emotional over stuff,whether it's positive or negative.

actually there's this racehorse(Zenyatta) I love, and when she lost her final race(and this was the only one she lost) I was absolutely bawlin' and just soo upset and it was like the worst thing ever lol I was just so totally invested in this horse and her career, and well that's what happens with me, I love very deeply and have very strong emotions.

so i dunno, maybe it's like that with you, for long hair at least.

9. thrnvlpidj

Nothing wrong in finding comfort in something that reminds you of your mother.

I don't think it's a problem unless you're thinking of abandoning your mate because of a change in hair style.

10. Theron

Pfft, definitely a preference. I get a buzz cut once a month, super short. I need another hair cut now....my hair is driving me nuts because it's too long for me.

But I like my fiance's hair a little on the longer side because I like playing with his hair and putting my fingers in it.

11. justjade

I'm not thinking about leaving him. Wouldn't dream of it. But I wonder if it's interfering with my attraction to him. I still think he's hot. It's just that I really miss his long hair.

12. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Jade it's a preference :slight_smile: and I'm very sorry u lost your mom (*hug*)