1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it wrong?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kamina, Apr 5, 2014.

1. Kamina

So I'm pretty gay. I lean towards women and have come out to the majority of my friends. Now there's a guy and I think he likes me. I've never been in a relationship and I'm not closed off to one with a guy, actually it feels really good to be noticed for once.

We have been talking for 3 days now, have a lot in common, and I really enjoy having conversations with him and hanging out. But I'm running into the fact that I can't tell if my feelings are platonic or romantic. Like I want to invite him to anti prom, but I also can't imagine myself going past cuddleing with any guy... I want to spend more time with him and get to know him but I also don't want to lead him on.

Because I know there is a chance that I won't connect with him emotionally is it wrong to keep moving the way we are? The thing is, he's also going to BC in a few months (after the summer) and I'm going to Montreal so we won't see each other again probably. I just want another opinion because I do care about him and I don't really trust my instincts on things like this.

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1.) Are you absolutely sure you won't have feelings for him? If so, break it off for his benefit. Leading anyone on is cruel and will damage them in the future. That happened to me...
    2.) You're out? Tell him. Maybe he just wants to be friends. Believe it or not men and women can be friends without being lovers. So can two gay people. Find that out.
    3.) I hate to resort to the "gay friend" stereotype but... maybe?

3. B B

B B

If you're absolutely sure you won't have feelings for him, you shouldn't continue in this way, because you will only hurt him. Breaking off now may seem painful for both of you, but it still will be less painful for him. Of course you can remain friend with him, just don't let the relationship become something more.
    But if you feel that there's the chance of feeling something for him... Then maybe you should go on, but with little steps, and ready to stop if you understand that that's the wrong path.