1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little disturbed

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andrew99, Apr 6, 2014.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hi :smilewave well tonight at dinner my mom was telling us about this store she went to. And how one pair of shoes costed $565 and anyway then she said a lot of gay guys were there a lot of them live here in Arizona. And she was like but there's nothing wrong with that so I felt better when I heard that. So then my dad talked in a high pitched voice and was like oh my god I love Arizona fabulous. Then I was just like ohh he's not going to be thrilled about me in the future. He probably will be fine with it though bc he's a teacher and he's talked about some gay students he has and how he doesn't have a prob with them and neither does my mom. It's just hearing them talk like that kinda hit me like a ton of bricks. Idk

Do I have the right to feel that way? Any post helps (*hug*)

2. artist92

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey, it's normal to feel hesitant, especially when your parent says something like that. Fortunately for you, your parents seem like they would still be cool with it. My parents hate me for it, but I knew they would. From what you described, he was joking, and while it was in bad taste, he wouldn't have done it if he knew. So while I understand how you feel, I wouldn't worry too much.

3. Paisley

It's completely normal to feel this way. I guess it's just something you have legitimately find out to qualm your worries. But yeah, I wouldn't worry about, you parents sound like they'd be quite supportive of you.

4. B B

B B

I think your parents will accept you without problems, so, don't worry :slight_smile: That said, it's perfectly normal to feel a little nervous, after all your parents will need a little time to accept you, but, eventually, I'm pretty sure they'll do.

5. Kat 5

Today (10 minutes ago), a news commercial came on. Ya know how there is that secondary news anchor telling you what's going on in the world in 10 seconds, and then they say come join us on @@@ news at 9:00? My mom saw that secondary news anchor, turned towards my dad and said that she looked man-ish. My reply was "woah there." What I probably should have said something like "well, you are going to be dissapointed later in life." What I felt like saying was "Are you fucking serious?"

6. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ya being in the closet has complications. U know I had a dream I told them and they accepted me right when I told them. No matter how much I wanted that dream just to be real then I knew that wasn't the case and I will take this by baby steps. My mom will prob understand I know my dad isn't going to be thrilled but I know he'll accept me one day.