1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you ever just want to run away?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by theMaverick, Apr 8, 2014.

1. theMaverick

Lately...I keep finding myself wishing I could pack up everything I own (which isn't much) and just disappear. I don't mean I want to hurt myself or something. But I have a plan for it. I'm too scared to act on it, of course, but I still find myself thinking about it all the time. Life has just sucked lately and I want to go somewhere new where I can start over and where no one knows me or has any expectations about me and I can be who I am and don't have all this baggage hanging over me.

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Yep! Exactly my thoughts:slight_smile:

3. theMaverick

At least I'm not the only one. I mean I have a location picked, a way to get there, and a plan to survive once I'm there. I'm just too scared to do anything about it.

4. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    All it takes is money.

My problem with that is the lack of money to remove myself and live independently. I have a stable job and living place so I'm good. But yea a blank slate would be nice...

5. theMaverick

See I don't have a job right now, so money is another issue. I think someday, once I'm done with college (1.5 years) I'm gonna do it. I'll be better able to support myself, and I'm just gonna up and leave, telling only family where I'm going.

6. B B

B B

Oh yes, one day I'll definitely "run away". I just need to make some money, and to study at University, and then... I'll go in another town, I'll work there, and I'll start over.

7. LostAndAffraid

I have the feeling all the time in fact I'm saving up to do this very thing right now, I've already lived in a few places and haven't really found one I love yet, I am hoping I can find a place I want to call home.

8. setnyx

running away is my dream, even at my age. someone famous once said though " wherever you go there you are ". not sure i want to bring me along. LOL

9. LostAndAffraid

Honestly I only wanna get away so I can be out and open to experiment, I just don't want to hide anymore. He'll getting away so I can be open about being me has always been a dream.

10. confusedinnh

confusedinnh Guest

Yes, yes and yes.

I would absolutely love to run away.

Someplace where I could start a completely new life.

Someplace where no one knows me and I don't know anyone.

Someplace where no one from my 'old' life could find me.

....although there is one person in this world that I would take with me [​IMG]

11. bluebelle

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I dream of it often! I'm thinking of only tell close family and friends when I go to grad school where I'm going so I can get a fresh clean start and just be me!

12. Orange Bananas

That would be nice. I'm happy enough here, though.

13. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sometimes.

14. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Yeah, sometimes. But sometimes you just have to think of all the things you take for granted in the place you're at! The grass always appears greener on the other side but often times it isn't as great as it seems. Running away is a fantasy that is unavoidable, I mean, who doesn't want to lead a new life completely disregarding consequences of an old life :grin: Sounds like some great novel, but I doubt it would be as amazing as that :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

15. theoryso

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    one day soon- just gotta keep high spirits

16. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I've thought about it most of my life.. Here I've already made a bad impression, its not the real me.. Ive bottle my emotions and who I am, even my family doesnt know the real me.. I cant even be myself with them. I just want to move countries, where everything is foreign to me. Somewhere I can start a new

17. LostAndAffraid

I guess it's the new American dream.

18. rainmustfall

rainmustfall Guest

I used to want to run away a lot. There is an old saying that I have come to live by though, and that is, "Wherever you go, there you are." I tried running from myself way too much when I was younger, and no matter where I went the same problems followed. Now instead of running away I reflect inward instead. I realize there are good reasons to decide to move, but running and making a change are two entirely separate things. It took me a long time to learn that.

19. LostAndAffraid

I completely understand what you mean, and the move I'm making odd a completely conscious decision, away from the people who are hurtful to my inner health and to where the friend I have accepts me and we'll accept me regardless. So I'm taking the leap hoping it's a place that will allow happiness to thrive.

20. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Yeah. It was basically my biggest fantasy for all of high school. I'd turn 18, take a suitcase, and get the hell out of town.

but...yeah. Didn't quite come into play. I still contemplate it once in a while, just for the sheer thrill of being able to see the world on my terms.