1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was this...?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by drwinchester, Apr 8, 2014.

1. drwinchester

drwinchester Guest

Okay, so I'm kind of reposting from another site but I'm trying to make sense of this incident...

Basically, I was leaving campus. Already stopped at the curb was the bus I take to get home. Now, it's a route that leaves at pretty regular intervals so if I miss one chance, I only need to wait about 15 for another bus and it's not a huge deal.

So this bus is at the curb and a couple people are still getting on. Lady in a wheelchair boards, so they've got a ramp lowered. And by the time I'm up to the bus, everyone's just gotten on the bus and I still see a couple people finding seats (and the bus doesn't look that crowded- still what looks like a couple totally empty seats here and there).

But as soon as I'm about to step on, the bus doors close and it starts driving off. I signal to the driver, kind of wave to him to see if he'll stop. He doesn't. I follow after it a couple paces- doesn't stop.

Now, before I was passing 100% and looked significantly more female, I'd had similar incidents. The bus would drive off as I was coming out, but it'd stop as soon as the guy noticed me.

...So, what was this? Was this particular driver just an asshole? I mean, I kind of have a sinking feeling he would've stopped for a female or a cisguy. It's pretty obvious I'm trans- I notice people start getting pretty uncomfortable around me once I speak...

2. Kasey

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gender related prejudice : guys an asshole
    Not doing his job : guys an asshole

Simple.

3. LostAndAffraid

Yeah I think this is just a case of general douchebaggery

4. BookDragon

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Either way you if you know the time and you know the bus route you can file a complaint against the driver. It won't make any difference but if it KEEPS happening then they have to take notice eventually.