1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you do when friend zoned

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Maddi, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Maddi

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    This had probably been answered before but i cant find. When you have been friend zoned is it worth pursuing? I ask because i was previously in a relationship with a close friend i have now, i have a feeling we both want the same thing but haven't made it clear to the other. Like i dont want an in your pocket relationship where each is asking where the other is, what we have now is what i want just with a little intimacy but i dont think she knows that and that maybe what she wants because she says she had no time for relationship. Please help so confused?

2. Seagypsy

Depends on how much chemistry you have, if you have some, then pursue! :slight_smile:

3. AudreyB

AudreyB Guest

Weighing in with my $0.02, I tend to get friend-zoned with just about everyone I'm interested in. I used to pine or pursue, only to experience disappointment. These days, my policy is to sever things completely if it comes to that. Looking back, can't say I've regretted this new cut-and-dry attitude. Life is too short. YMMV.

4. Straight ally

Santiago de los caballeros, Dominican Republic
    When i get friendzoned i friendzone back... I find that after a while you just fall put of love, and once that happen, your crush can easily become a great friend... Also its nice when your ex-crush gives you advice and support regarding your new crush.

5. donny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I just do.... OMG Straight Ally took the words right out of my mouth

6. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

If you get friendzoned, I would not want to risk losing the friendship by forcing the person into uncomfortable places emotionally. I am content simply being friends with people who I have been friendzoned by. Also, if you are friendzoned, then it is often a precursor to what would have happened eventually. From my observations, people who have been friendzoned but pursue a relationship regardless will often only break up later.

I am not you though! I don't know the circumstances, just go for whatever feels right. :grin:

7. Beetle

Eh, I never liked the term friendzone, because people tend to use it when they think they're owed a relationship and view friends as inferior to a romantic partner.

But anyways, I wouldn't pursue something if she's not interested. It makes the other person uncomfortable. I would remain friends with her and eventually your crush will fade and you can find someone who will reciprocate the feelings.

8. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I give up on them and find a new girl :dry:

9. anaisninja

I've recently been friend-zoned.

All of the above is great advice and I'm glad I read it.

Thank you.