1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyone is being so mean to me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Andrew99, Apr 9, 2014.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Today sucked! :tears: I'm crying well typing this…

I thought maybe today would be alright but it was horrible! And I didn't see it coming. First of all I've heard all the gay kids being called faggot they were all getting bullied I got called one as well. Then these 2 teens who looked at me well I was riding home really fast like they had whispered something and then laughed and were looking at me the whole time. I just wanted to say da fuck u laughing at? And then my mom was like so what clubs do u wanna take in school and I said idk and then she's like so u don't wanna take any and I was just like idk maybe not! And she was like u know what you're gonna be when u grow up? A loser! You're gonna regret this when you're older and you're living in a shitty apartment. When she said that I ran to the shower and I just immediately started bawling and then I've also been really lonely lately and I just feel like everyone who knows me in person is just being so mean to me :tears: that's also y I just wanted to say thank god for u guys bc u guys r my rock. I just really need someone to talk to please help thanks (*hug*)

2. Kat 5

Kat did not think it got this bad for Sup at home.
    I'm here for comic relief/someone to talk to. What do you want to talk about?

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well I just hate that everyone is so homophobic luckily my friends aren't. I just hate homophobia.

4. Kat 5

Homophobics are assholes. Fuck them.

5. Gen

Gen

You won't end up with a shitty job and apartment simply because you aren't a social butterfly in high school, nor because you don't know what you want to do with your life at fourteen. There is a vast amount of time to figure all of that out. I believe your mother was just being very rude and dramatic. In regards to those kids, there is nothing more I can say than people are stupid. Many will brush it off as teenagers being immature, but ignorant children become ignorant adults unless they are forced to view things in a different light at some point.

The best thing that you can take from high school experiences is learning to prioritize the things in your life. Not simply academically, or occupationally, rather the amount of thought that you give to the most meaningless things that occur around you. Becoming the person that you want to be and learning to be absolutely unapologetic about who that person happens to be. Don't waste tears on people that choose not to take the time to get to know you; who judge others for foolish reasons; they literally just have nothing better to do with their time.

There will be people who will appreciate you for being yourself, but you'll never meet them if you are blinded by the shame that you allow random people to instill in you.

6. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Gen's right.

Sometimes parents can be harsh in the hope that it'll get your butt in gear. She wants to see you do well for yourself. I think one problem is that at 14 not many of us know what we want to do in life career wise. It's frustrating that education tries to box people in from a young age. As a result there are many young adults with degrees in fields that they're no longer interested in and they're in debt for having studied the subject in the first place. Ridiculous! I think schools should focus on broad education and skills and young adults, when they're more clued up and sure of themselves and what they want to pursue, should then be encouraged to focus on particular studies and/or clubs.

7. GayDadStr8Marig

Sup, I'll be blunt (you know me, it pops into my head and it comes out here unfiltered). What you're mom said to you is completely fucked up and says more about her than anything. Being in clubs in high school means absolutely nothing when it comes whether you are a success or failure in life.

The only thing that makes you a success or failure in life is your own integrity as a human being. Period. That's all, not money, not a fancy car, not a hot partner, not traveling the world. None of that makes you a success, and not having any of that does not make you a failure. How you live your life and treat others makes you a success.

Ok, I'll get off my soapbox now and let someone else have the floor. Just needed to get that out. I hope you're feeling better and today is happier! You're a good kid and deserve better. (*hug*)

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You should thank the bullies. Draw them in a little and say "you know what, you're right. I'll quit being that way." And then turn it right around and say "if only it were as easy to quit being gay as it is to quit being a dick."

9. 101DeadRoses

I agree. You need to seek those good people out and "cut the fat" as I think of it. Simply trim the bad, stop caring what those who don't know you think and move on.

As for your mother, if she brings up the matter of the clubs again, let her know that, "No, I do not want to join a club. That does not mean I am not interested in anything at this time. Maybe I just want to work on my hobbies/interests on my own." Just because you do not take up a club doesn't mean you will not succeed.
    I am homeschooled, so I couldn't join any clubs or anything like that. Does that affect the outcome of my life? Does it CONTROL my life? No. I control the outcome. I control my success. I control my life.
    I work on my hobbies, art, and math, I get better.
    I get better, I get closer to my dream of designing video games, and writing books.
    You do not need special clubs.
    You do not need rude, abusive people.
    You need people who aid and guide you.
    You need to "cut the fat."
    You need you.

Big hugs(*hug*)

Hope I helped. :thumbsup:

10. Rosepetal

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Kid 4 yrs will fly right before ur eyes :slight_smile: don't sweat it junior okay? Bullying is everywhere even in the real world. I got bullied in elementary to high school I'm in college now and that doesn't happen.