1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dealing with school officials *rant*

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by josh9623, Apr 9, 2014.

1. josh9623

I am in my senior year of high school and trying to get my cords for graduation, at the beginning of the year we had an assembly and were told that ALL graduations supplies were available up to the day before graduation. a little over a month ago i went to go pay for my cords and was told in a demeaning tone that I was too late, they had already sent in the order and that there was nothing that they could do. my parents called and left multiple messages with both of the staff members in charge of this kind of stuff.

last week we finally got a call back, with some back and forth it was arranged that I would meet with one of them and "we would work everything out".

I showed up at the time I was told and she was gone. I asked and was told that she had gone to a meeting. I went to where her meeting was and waited for half an hour until she finished. after which she again told me that I was too late, there was nothing she could do, and that it was my fault. I asked her what the colors were in case I could find them elsewhere. She responded by angrily threatening me that if i showed up with cords that didn't match exactly they would be confiscated and i would not be allowed to walk. that was the end of the conversation

I got home and told my parents what had happened and they called back and left a message with the office.

this afternoon she called and told my father that I had been "belligerent" and would not discuss things with her when she asked me which cords i needed. at this point me and my parents pretty much supremely pissed. we later called the school to adress the issue and they made it seem like a non-issue. so we called the school board and we are expecting to hear from them tomorrow.

this is just one of the many incidents that have happened at my school (and they wonder why no one likes the administration)

2. Kat 5

Yep. That's school admins for ya.

3. Holdingb

Holdingb Guest

Schools continue to screw nearly everything up- are you honestly surprised? *sigh*