1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scared

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by ZenMusic, Apr 11, 2014.

1. ZenMusic

It's like my dad has this this aura about him that stops you from saying anything different from his word, and I'm sick of my Mum sitting there and sighing everytime I ask a question about what she's said or disagree with her. It makes me feel small. I'm also sick of having my thoughts and opinion thrown to the wind, and being (indirectly) scared and threatenedto think as he does. How can I deal with this? He's becoming concerned rhat I stay in my room, and the fact that I am not a family person and like to spend as little time with them as possible. Is this a teenage urge or is it just me?

2. B B

B B

I can understand how you feel, because my parents are similar to yours. I think that, with parents like that, it's only normal that you want to stay away from them. The thing that worries me the most, however, is your father: do you think he could become violent towards you for some reasons? Maybe I just misunderstood, but I felt that you're quite scared by your father...

3. ZenMusic

He said he'd changed with me, but he used to when he got angry, which happens REALLLLLY quickly.