1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any other gay identical twins out there?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by TwinNumber2, Apr 11, 2014.

1. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Is there anybody else who is a twin and both you and your sibling are gay?

Basically me and my identical twin brother are both gay. I think I'm starting to come to terms with myself being gay but not both of us if that makes sense? We're out to our parents and I'm out to a lot of friends (my brother isn't).

It may sound stupid but I feel REALLY alone. I just feel as though nobody else will understand. They'll just see us as freaks or assume that we're fucking each other or something sick like that.

Its hard enough being gay but being a set of gay identical twins makes me feel really different/weird/freaky/hopeless. I feel as though nobody else gets what we're going through. I feel really, really shit about it. I'm 20 now, I thought I'd be at terms with it now but I'm really, really not.

We both knew we were gay since we were 10/11 and were well aware that we both were but refused to admit to one another until this January when we turned 20.

So yeah, anybody else a gay set of twins or know a gay set of twins just so I don't feel so shit and alone :frowning2:

2. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hey buddy, I dont think u and ur bro is having sex. I know a few sets of twins that are gay, male and female twins. Its who u r and people r jealous. So what if u r, its with someone who knows u well and u know them well and most important is that u trust each other.

Anyway dont be ashamed if u r. I understand how u feel, my twin brother died and he was gay aswell, he committed suicide so don't ever feel shit.

look at the positive, u can talk to ur bro about anything, I cant anymore. Ur brother will always be there for u

3. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not stupid of you to feel alone. I'm sure there are other gay identical twins out there, but identical twins are a rare thing to start with, let alone sets who are both gay, so it's understandable that you feel as though you don't have anyone you can share your thoughts with.

Are there specific things you want to talk about with them, or are you just seeking confirmation that you're not the only ones out there?

4. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Thanks :slight_smile: Just confirmation that I'm not alone. I guess how people reacted to them both being gay

5. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I have a fraternal twin, hes gay and I'm "Bi" :lol:

Hes out and about, while I'm still stressing..

6. TJ

TJ

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aye, I can imagine that you get some interesting reactions. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    On one hand, it seems totally irregular that two siblings are gay because it's usually just one.
    On the other hand, it sort of makes sense that you'd both be gay because you're identical.

7. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

God no we're not having sex :icon_sad: Just when I googled 'gay twins' it came up with twincest which made me feel sick.

I'm really sorry to hear that :frowning2: I don't know what I'd do if my brother died. It must have been really hard for you. If you don't mind me asking was it because he was gay? Him killing himself?

8. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ur not alone buddy, u can always talk to me as my twin bro committed suicide so I have no one to talk 2 anymore

9. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Cool so I'm not alone haha. How did your parents take it?

That must be quite tricky for you right now. I'm sure you'll get through it and will soon be open about it :slight_smile:

10. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    no he was being bullied for being gay so I said if u need anyone to speak 2, talk 2 me as im gay, day later I found him dead, I feel like its my fault

11. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

I know haha. I had to really explain it to my Mum. I kept saying 'it must be genetic, the fact we both are proves it genetic' haha

---------- Post added 11th Apr 2014 at 08:10 PM ----------

Oh no its definitley not your fault. It'll have been the people who were bullying him's fault. Don't blame yourself!

12. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I miss him so much that I been thinking of joining him, it feels like my fault because I fell asleep in my bed(we shared a room) and I woke up to him hanging, if I stayed awake I could of stopped him and spoke to him

13. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Well our Dad was homophobic, mum is too.. He's out to her though, shes not fully accepting.. And.. me?? Nah....

14. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Aww no sorry to hear that :/ I was so nervous telling my Mum. She started crying but she just gave me a hug and said she loved us both no matter what. I told her not to tell my Dad but she did. Luckily he acted much the same.

Do you think your Mum suspects that you may be gay? Look on the bright side, your brother got tjrough it :slight_smile: My brother is further in the closet than I am! :L

Also your info says you're from Manchester? Thats a fairly large city. I'd imagine thats a pretty gay-friendly place? I live in rural Northern Scotland so probably the worst place in the UK

Another question sorry. Do you and your brother have the same group of friends? Being identical twins we have pretty much all the same friends. Is being a fraternal twin the same?

---------- Post added 12th Apr 2014 at 12:01 AM ----------

Trust me life may seem awful right now but it will only get easier with time. Also Im sure your brother wouldnt want that. Seriously never blame yourself. Your brother wanted to go. You probably couldnt have stopped him anyway, if he was feeling that low he'd have done it some other time. How maby years ago was it that he died?

15. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

Yeah.. I'm still having trouble accepting myself..

No we don't, I started work at 18.. while he went to uni..

16. Munyal

I think I saw a statistic somewhere that said if one of a pair of identical twins is gay, there is a 70% chance that the other one is too. So this is normal stuff. And good luck in whatever you do!

17. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Thanks! :slight_smile:

18. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    There is a strong correlation in sexual orientation in identical twins. I don't think it's quite as high as 70%, but it's definitely high. There have been other threads here on it, and our former medical advisor, KaraBulut, talked about the data at one point, so if you're interested you might search our post archive using "identical twins" as keywords.

19. TwinNumber2

TwinNumber2 Guest

Thank you :slight_smile:

20. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are definitely not alone. I'm an identical twin, we are actually Mirror twins, which is really awesome, we are exactly opposite. We used to joke that we opposite down to our sexual orientation, she came out 6 years before I did. She is a lesbian, and I am bisexual.