1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Being more masculine?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Kabuki, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Kabuki

I need advice on being more masculine!!!! I hate to be effeminate, I don't like the way I walk nor my mannerism. I'm bisexual, so I feel like girls don't find me attractive because I act girly sometimes. I most of the time do it unconsciously, and it makes me get mad at myself.

I don't want to like a stereotype gay, I want to feel like a bisexual, as in, not overly girly nor overly masculine. But as of now I'm definitely leaning on the girly side. :icon_sad:

I want to do some exercise to tone my body a bit and don't look all delicate. So any tips on how to act more like a guy? Like how to walk? how to stand? The guys here have weird walking so I can't use them as reference :lol:

2. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to feel the same way. I never was extremely feminine, but I worried about acting "gay".

I just don't care anymore. What's the point in acting different than who you actually are?
    And who says what a bisexual or you should feel like?

#2 HM03, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014
  3. Kabuki

I don't really worry, it's more like feeling like myself. You see, I've been feminine since I was young, and I actually envied girl in some point of my life. But, a few years back I finally enjoyed being a guy. You could see it this way, I feel like a guy in a girls body, I want to express what I am, and that is being a guy. And I don't want to act like these overly masculine guys, I like being emotional, be caring like most girls are, I just don't feel that the way I express myself is who I am. Am I being confusing?

4. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Be who you are.

5. Ruthven

yeah but bein a guy does not equal masculine. and girls aren't the only ones who can be fem, so really there's no such thing as "girly" cuz that implies girls are the only ones who can be fem.

we all come in different individual personalities and all that. There is no one way to be for anyone of any gender.

You just express yourself as you. You're a guy, so however you act and stuff, like your true personality/behaviour/mannerisms/etc, is gonna be actin like a guy, and most importantly you.

6. An Gentleman

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    If being more masculine will make him happy, then who are we to stop him?
    To become more muscular, maybe you could do some beginners' weightlifting.
    Pick a heavy weight, but not too heavy, and never do it by yourself because that could be dangerous.
    Do not do "light weights, many reps" because that just doesn't work very well.

7. Kabuki

@Ruthven- I know being masculine doesn't make me more of a guy than the guy next to me, I just feel like I'm expressing the wrong way. Also, I have to clarify something, I'm not thinking this way because of what society has told us of how a guy and girl act. I know everyone is different and all that, but someone even thought I was a girl!! and I felt annoyed by it. Also as I mentioned, I'm not trying to be the most masculine guy, I'm just trying to feel more of a guy.

@An Gentleman- Thanks for the weight lifting advice. If you see on my pic I have very slim arms and I have slight curves on my waist so my bone structure and muscle mass is very girly too which I don't like a lot. I atleast want more muscle mass to feel more athletic and not slim and girly.

Also, I'm not trying to chance my personality at all. I'm introverted but because of bullying, I think that this will help to bring me confidence and be who I am. I like talking to people, I like having company, I like to initiate conversations with people, but all that is mostly impossible because I don't feel like I a guy and that brings this whole feelings of low confidence, fear and all that, which I don't like to feel.

#7 Kabuki, Apr 13, 2014
  8. Illus1

Hi, I get what you mean, well if u wanna be more like a guy follow the tips above and do 'guy' stuff but most importantly you have to feel it, just turn that 'I want to be' into 'I am the alfa male ' Being manly is more a mental thing although the physical aspect is important. But in all this don't lose who you are !

...................__...__
    ............/``/`...`/`..`.,.._
    ........../`/.../..../......./¨.\\
    ........(`(...`...`....`..~/`...`)
    .........\\.................`...../
    ..........\\..........._.`/
    ...........\\............../
    ............\\............

P.S. (This is supposed to be a fist bump but it probably looks like b.s. & kinda shows how bored and time-waisting-like I am)

#8 Illus1, Apr 13, 2014
  9. SkylarRain

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think that you should love yourself no matter what.(I know,I know it's incredibly cheesy!) Or if all else fails you could take testosterone:slight_smile:

10. Ruthven

why are you advisin to take T? that won't make him more masculine(it would physically tho if he had low levels) and yeah, you should only take T if your levels are low, otherwise it'll convert into estrogen.

11. Kabuki

Hehehe thanks for the fist bump Illus1 let me return it :slight_smile:

...................__...__
    ............/``/`...`/`..`.,.._
    ........../`/.../..../......./¨.\\
    ........(`(...`...`....`..~/`...`)
    .........\\.................`...../
    ..........\\..........._.`/
    ...........\\............../
    ............\\............

@Illus1- I like guy things, I love video games, I have a couple of sports that I like and a few other things. I do understand the mental aspect is very important, I think that being confident is something that I need which is why I want to change my physical appearance a bit, and the way I express. Also, by no means will I change what I am like, just because I want to be more manly means I can't be caring, emotional and other stuff.

@mac777- No one has never suggested testosterone to me, hehehe.... But I don't feel I need them, although sometimes I think I might produce more estrogen than necessary but, the effect that this produces are not visible, like the appearance of small breasts, not that much facial hair or body hair, the only thing I do have is a more high pitch voice.

Anyways, thanks guys. I'm learning to love myself, which has been a very long road, but I'm doing this because I'm loving myself, I want this for me, not for the people around me.

If anyone haves any more advice or wants to comment on it, feel free to do so. I like reading your opinions, and they always help me in some way :grin:

12. Kenaz

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a (*hug*).

13. biggayguy

I have the opposite problem. When I go out with gay friend they say that I act too straight. You can't please everyone so just be yourself.

14. Kabuki

Aww thanks Kenaz :icon_redf A hug for you too (*hug*)

@biggayguy- I know what you mean. Not everyone can be pleased, but I can atleast please myself, and as I said, that is the very reason as to why I'm doing this.