1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss being in a relationship...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by fluffyprincess, Apr 14, 2014.

1. fluffyprincess

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    All but family
    -I was in my first relationship ever recently
    -Started dating him December 14th after a week of talking on BDSM site
    -Asked me to be his girlfriend 10 days later, Christmas eve
    -Broke up with me somewhere around New Years...
    -Got back together early Jan
    -Broke up with me again early Feb
    -Got back together with me before Valentine's day
    -Told me he loved me
    -I gave him my virginity because he told me he loved me, and I thought that meant something
    -That was the one and only time we've had sex, the other times we'd just fool around with the various toys or give each other oral.
    -Birthday March 5th, I give him a present he hates, which I thought he was going to find funny, (from theoatmeal, the t-shirt of Jesus Chewbacca...since he's so into Star Wars)
    -Broke up with me March 10th

Now this relationship involved BDSM, as I met him on a BDSM site...so I really did trust him and what he said...which is why I have my virginity to him.

Even with just what I just posted, he obviously shouldn't have been given as many chances as I gave him...but I somehow still want him. :/

But since he broke up with me, I'm just really missing being in a relationship. Being held. Laughing with somebody. Making inside jokes. All the little things about a relationship...

I tried dating somebody else, but I'm just not able to. The guy I met was a nice guy...but as soon as he left from meeting him, I started bawling.

Whether or not my ex's feeling were lies or not...what I felt about him was real. I really did love him and how he made me feel.

I just want that again...but this time, to be loved as much as I love them...

I'm turning 24 this June...and to me, I'm sick and tired of games. I believe I'm too old for these kind of games...I actually avoided relationships entirely because I didn't want to be heartbroken...but, of course that did happen even with me saving myself...

I want a relationship that will last for years, and maybe even until marriage.

I was content with being single before I met him...I'm just happier in a relationship, having somebody to spend my time with...and more than just on a platonic level.

I guess what I need advice on is...how do I move on? I know there is somebody out there who is healthy for me, and will see me like the princess I want to be treated as...it's just really hard for me to move on from my first, you know?

#1 fluffyprincess, Apr 14, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. Miiaaaaa

Out Status:
    A few people
    There's no real way to get over him, it just happens with time. Try and get out there and go out with friends and stuff, and eventually you'll just get past it. :slight_smile:

3. JessRae

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I know how that feels, it sucks! yet I know that it will pass too..just be happy for now and realize that your happiness shouldn't depend to someone else, that's what I tell myself when I feel lonely or when a thought of being in a relationship will cross my mind. (*hug*)