1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

maybe i ahould bleed to death?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Alehkz, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    For years I have been struggling with menorrhagia or heavy periods. I am down to my last straw. I can afford a 650$ apartment, a bit of food, some gasoline for my car, and some food for my dog and my cat. That's it. And that's all I would need in life if it wasn't for bleeding so much. I have to buy pads and tampons with coins. I don't just need tampons I need JUMBO size tampons big enough to fit into a bullet hole. A bullet I wish was thought my head so that the depression and the symptoms of bad baaaad anemia are a thing of this life.I can't. Live like this anymore. I go to the hospital and they just put me on birth control that makes me feel worse, gain weight, and get so depressed I don't know what to do with myself. And just for going, I owe them so much money that I'm so buried in debt that my credit score is effed beyond reason and repair. I couldn't sign up for that stupid Obama care because their system was down. It wouldn't let me sign up. With no insurance, no doctor wants to do an endometrial ablation or anything that would stop this problem I been having for the past ten years of my life. I haven't known a day without anemia. And lately my anemia is so bad I have gotten close to a heart attack and needed 6us of blood in all. Maybe I should just give up. I should just bleed to death in the comfort of my own home...soaked thr juice in my own traitor body who wants to do me away before I have a chance to prove the world I have so much to live for... I want to give up. I'mtired of being shunned away in this hhealthcare system...

2. Hopefilled

Despair is understandable yet not productive when compared to anything constructive.

DO NOT let them discourage you- keep on flogging at them til you are covered. I am doing the exact same sort of battle for my coverage.

Do also consider alternatives such as washable pads and/or menstrual cups. both are a lLOT cheaper in the long run especially so for those of us having more days we need protection.

Best wishes on all working out.

3. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hate tampons so some women suggested I get a moon cup. I procrastinate so still haven't bought one, but it might be good for you to check out.

4. Emmanuella

((hugs)) (*hug*) Don't give up! Keep working toward making things better for yourself, as hard it is might be! It sounds like you have a lot to offer, and if you were meant to give up you would have done so already! I CAN'T BEGIN to imagine how frustrating and scary and inconvenient it must be to have anemia :frowning2:

5. apostrophied

I also suggest a cup, I have the Diva cup and it's great. It won't fix your anemia problems and all that, but at least it should buy you a few hours of peace because it absorbs way more than a tampon. The kind of birth control that stops your periods altogether is not an option for you? I'm so sorry you've been going through this, compounded with insurance problems. It sounds awful. *hugs* I hope you find a solution... :frowning2:

6. An0n

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I suffer/ed iron deficiency anaemia. I was prescribed iron tablets but that's not a long term treatment. Changes to my diet helped too - more red meat, spinach etc. I suggest making dietary changes in the hope it helps. Maybe consider going on the contraceptive pill, that's supposed to help?

7. Alehkz

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I had an IUD inserted but it came out. It tore me up inside and I joined a lawsuit for it and got 10$ from the case. Lucky me I didn't pay for the thing because I'm a student and have a very low income. I just paid the doctor visit and big pharma paid for the IUD. I still got in debt with the ER for the tear along my vagina. When it came out they thought it was a fetus.hi was so freaked I passed out. Anyway....

I tried the deposit provera shot, seasonique, and also Jaz and Jasmine but Jasmine gave me a small blood clot on my right calf and I have just been playing it safe since. I just stopped with all these treatments altogether. I have made modifications to my diet as far as iron goes but I'm losing more blood than I can keep up with. Nights are hell. I bleed even more at night than in the day. And they are sooome cramps, let me tell you. Last time I went to the ER they found some cysts and inflammation in my uterus, gave me pain meds, and referred me to a ob/gyn but it gets pricey....$100 just talk to the doc plus medication, analysis and tests. That adds another 200$. Yes they have payment plans...just add another $30 to the overall bill for setting it up. $330.67 for everything. And my problem is still not fixed. Tests show I need an endometrial abalasion. How much does that cost? $3k. My net worth isn't even $3k in assets. If I sold all my stuff to get this stupid surgery I still would come short. My credit is effed so I can't get a loan or credit anywhere... And the docs don't know how to say "well, since you do t have any money you're going to have to wait." Instead, they play the conservative pro-life Sarah Palin teabagger who thinks women are only meant to reproduce. And since the ablation would inhibit me from having kids it is just not possible to do it for a woman my age. I'm 25. I think I can make that decision already. I don't want kids. But I get it. Its their ethical way of saying that without insurance or money, I am out of the question....