1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How come?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Young Blood, Apr 14, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I hope nobody takes this the wrong way, but this is a question I've been wanting an answer to for a while...
    How come both the gay and straight community not seem to like us? :/

2. Tyrael

To be honest I've been using this site for quite a while and I've not heard anything negative said about bisexuality. However I am aware that there are some people out there who say that you can't be bisexual. That you're just confused, in a phase or just being greedy. Whatever that means.

Personally I wouldn't give those people the time of day. Not worth your hassle.

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, seriously...what does that mean?
    And I don't really listen to what anyone says anymore ;P I was just curious...

4. Tyrael

Beats me. I guess it is greedy in the sense that you get to pick from guys and girls but to me that's hardly a point of concern. Again, not worth listening to people like that. Go with whatever makes you happy and to hell with everyone else :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Truer words never spoken :slight_smile:

6. LostAndAffraid

Honestly don't have a problem with bi people, I would totally date a bi guy, but I think the reason why gays don't seem to stems from fear. Like what if I start dating a bi person then they decide that they want to be with the opposite sex because it would make life easier. They could just stop dating the same sex and go on to live like they never had a same sex partner.

I know I would be devastated if that happened and that seems to happen a lot. I think that is at least part of the reason.

7. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed. I think that's what it stems from too (but I'm not saying it's right or what I think)

8. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with the issues here. Just be wary not to paint them all with the same brush.

Like so many issues in life, I'd say they stem from fear and/or ignorance. Of course, also some people are just douches.

I think the key is to rise above such behaviour and not let it bother you too much. However its good to call people out if they make such remarks and educate where you can.

As I've mentioned before, considering all that the LG community has endured and had to go through to get were we are today, any of them who take such attitudes are really being hipocrits. As for the straight community, I often think anyone there who hates on us, is more often than not threatened by the fact that we challenge the whole gender binary thing and they can't handle it (this can actually apply to LG too).

Anyway, that's my opinion, let's hope one day everyone will catch up with the 21st century and these won't continue to be issues.

Happy days :slight_smile:

9. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That makes sense, and I guess it's understandable too...

---------- Post added 15th Apr 2014 at 06:03 AM ----------

Very true :icon_wink