1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The typical "in love w/ my gay best friend" post

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Zelos, Apr 15, 2014.

1. Zelos

Hiya everyone,

The title says it all. I'm a girl (I know, profile says genderqueer, but to him, that's what I am) and I'm in lovewith my gay (male) friend. We have a fabulous relationship. We understand each other perfectly. We're together 24/7. One look and we'll know what the other is thinking. He is my soulmate, or so I feel.

He knows everything about my feelings for him. He took it really well, and he's really understanding! He told me that if I were a gay man or if he were straight, we'd be together. I love him so much, and it aches so much. I don't know what to do.

Thanks for reading,

Sheena

2. Gen

Gen

Unfortunately, there isn't much that you can do aside from turning your attention elsewhere and trying to move on. If he is truly as valuable of a friend as you've described, then that isn't a friendship that you would want to lose by making him feel uncomfortable. It's good that you were honest with him about your feelings and hopefully that will assist you in finding the strength to let go.

3. Zelos

Apparently I can't edit my thread so I'll do it this way : what I meant here is that I am a girl to him. (I have to say that though I doubt about my gender, I do have a female body.)

Oh, thanks for replying! You are right, that does seem like the right thing to do, even if it hurts.

4. Cap’nSerious

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I wouldn’t pressure him too much. Since you are genderqueer, maybe you could ask him if he would be willing to be in relationship, but be in a open one so that he can see other people and “satisfy” his needs. It’s worth a shot, but he’s answer probably be no. Other than that, you pretty much have to get over him.