1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How can I move on?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Sam2, Apr 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam2

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    I don't know if this is the right page to post this so let me know if its not. and I realize this is probably a stupid question. But does life actually get better? Cause the older i get, the worse things seem to be. I've gotten in more fights in 12th grade than any other. Even though I'm no longer suicidal (I accepted the fact that being gay isn't a bad thing) i still get incredibly depressed, and don't even want to get out of bed in the morning. I'm scared to go to school, scared to go to work, scared to go home.
    This is made worse by the fact that I've never had a boyfriend. It's not even sex i crave, its just having someone to talk to, make laugh or makes me laugh, to cuddle and just have each other. I can't help but wonder if ill ever find someone for me. Ugh and then i also feel like I'm way to dramatic, and just playing into stereotypes when I'm not.... does life actually get better? do the wounds received young ever actually heal? or is sadness just something i have to get used to?

2. Gen

Gen

It sounds as though you are going through a rough patch. There is always the opportunity for things to get better, but the amount of fulfillment that we get from our lives doesn't often change if everything else stays the same. You have to change priorities, environments, and attitudes before you can expect your overall enjoyment of each day to improve.

Conveniently, you are nearing one of the biggest changes you will experience in your life by graduating high school and becoming a legal adult. I would consider rethinking where you stand at this point. Start considering what exactly is missing or lacking at the moment and where you want to go in the future. Maybe you need a new environment with fresh faces around you. Maybe you need to find a place where you can truly be yourself because you currently can't.

3. LostAndAffraid

Right now it doesn't seem like it does get better, but I'm only just coming out, so who knows if it gets better, all I know is I miss hanging out with my best friend all the time. When we used to hang out we could have fun doing anything. It was great, it made me think life was worth living again.

But the past few years without a friend like that I've fallen back into my old thinking patterns, I'm worthless, the world is evil etc, etc. But now that I'm accepting myself I am actually getting happy again. So where I can't guarantee things will get better, I can tell you life is what you make it. Nothing more, though sometimes less.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.