1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is there a way to know whether you're truly happy being gay

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Gazza123, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I know... It's a slightly odd question but is there a way to know for sure. I only ask because I personally think there is a difference in being happy with being gay and being happy because "I'm gay and I can't change that so I better be happy about it"

Because I sort of hit down the middle ground on it. I'm not happy but not unhappy it's sort of like... Why me?

Does anyone understand this? Or am I just plain weird, it just feels like I'm putting on this happy act with being gay and that I'm not really happy with it.

2. malachite

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're happy with you sexuality but you're not sure if you were straight if things would be easier, maybe?

3. LostAndAffraid

I know I wasn't happy with it for a while, a long while, and it made me unhappy in life. Now that I've really accepted myself I am actually a lot happier.

4. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

This is me

5. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Perhaps there's no need to be happy or unhappy with being gay, but just be happy with your life. If you're not happy, is it because you're gay? If so, it's because of discrimination from others? or there's something you would love in life and being gay makes it impossible?

6. LostAndAffraid

7. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Partly the whole " people are still against it in places"... Not so much where I live thou. And partly because I want to experiencing finding love and being in a relationship and we'll, for me personally, being gay just makes it difficult to near impossible

8. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Being gay makes it difficult because you don't know a lot of gay people to find a requited love?

9. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I know it's kinda stupid but if I was straight then I think it would easier. Not saying if I was straight all my problems would be solved but I do think straight people have it much easier finding love.

Thats just my opinion

10. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Don't think what you say is stupid in any way, it's just what you feel and that's ok. I wonder if you think those feelings would disappear if you find a partner who loves you and you love him?

11. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

I dunno... Realistically I doubt it somehow

12. LostAndAffraid

Well I do feel the same way sort of Gazza, it would be easier to live if I were strait. It would be easier to date, it would be easier to live if you were just like everyone else. But it would not be easier to find love. Love is rare, people convince themselves they are in love all the time without knowing what it really is.

I hope that finding a relationship does ease the feeling of hopelessness personally, and hope is just about all that's left. Truthfully I've all but given up on that.

I hope you can find someone though that way you can be happy.

13. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Thanks

I just see no light at the end of this finding a relationship tunnel

14. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm fairly happy being gay. Us lesbians are pretty awesome. XD But I do feel that straight people can find relationships more easily.

15. aldine

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    After all you've written here I think what happens to you is mainly that you feel needy for love. I hope you find it soon and be happy, i believe it will be so. Never lose hope, sometimes we don't see the light because we've forgotten how it looks like, but time can be the answer.

16. LostAndAffraid

Neither do I but I still joined an online dating site in hopes. I guess I'm pretty cute despite my chunkiness, cause people have been messaging me. It's sort of getting my hopes up.

17. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Online dating is just no good through the many times I've tried them

18. LostAndAffraid

Yeah, so far it hasn't worked for me either, but you know what they say, if at first you don't succeed.

19. Gazza123

Gazza123 Guest

Well its good that your trying

I gave up on that whole thing online dating thing

20. LostAndAffraid

Well don't you think you should get back on that horse? The only other way you are going to meet a guy who is for sure gay is to start hanging out at gay bars/clubs.