1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Freaking out nyaaa

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Orange Bananas, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Orange Bananas

Here's the deal:

I have two close friends (A and B) who are both female and also close friends with each other. I have a major crush on B, who's either straight or just not out, but she's mentioned once having a crush on a boy. I have suspicions that A, who's pan, likes me. Last night I had a sleepover with A and B. Late at night we played Truth or Dare. I avoided the question of who my crush was, but I told B that it was a girl (I'm out as bi and genderfluid to A and B). B asked some smaller questions and finally asked in a nervous voice, "What is the first letter of your crush's last name?" She's the only person I know who has a last name beginning with the letter her last name begins with. She said I could say a range of up to five letters and I said one that included the first letter of her first name. We then went to sleep. In the morning, I tried to act completely normal and I didn't bring up the Truth or Dare at all. A and B acted pretty normal, but I could tell B was more awkward than usual. We go to the same school, but it's spring break, so we won't see each other until Monday (It's Wednesday night right now for me). I don't know if I should ask her about it or try and forget it or what. I'm kinda just a little bit FREAKING OUT. Any advice if you managed to finish reading my rant?

2. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I would bring up the Truth or Dare game in to a conversation and watch her reaction. Depending on her reaction could help you figure out what to say next. Or you could just straight out tell her that you like her...
    I hope that helped somewhat...

3. Orange Bananas

Yeah... I think I'll bring up one of the other questions that was asked and maybe steer the conversation towards that question and ask if she knows who my crush is. If she doesn't, I'll tell her. If she does, I'll ask if the crush is returned and if it isn't I'll tell her that I really want to stay friends with her.

4. LostAndAffraid

That is probably the best thing, good luck. I hope it goes well

5. Orange Bananas

Thanks! :icon_bigg Is it okay to bring it up online, though, or should I wait until I see her again?

6. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's probably better to do it when you see her again, but whatever makes you feel more comfortable :slight_smile: If you don't think you'll be able to do it face-to-face, maybe try texting or calling her...?
    Whatever you decide, I hope it works out! Good luck! Maybe you can come back here and let us know how it went...? :slight_smile:

7. Orange Bananas

I don't have a mobile phone and my brother could overhear my conversations on the phone so I guess I'll just wait. I'll come back here once I've done it!

8. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sounds like a plan :wink:
    P.S. Aren't brothers the best? :rolle::dry:

9. Orange Bananas

Welp I'm back. I actually chickened out and didn't tell B, but when we were discussing who A's crush might be, she said, "I know your crush, you know." I just said, "Oh," and we haven't talked about that since. We're still really close friends, and it isn't the perfect situation, but I didn't lose a friend and I'm not heartbroken, so I'd say it's okay. :slight_smile:

10. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ohmigosh, how come you didn't ask her who she thought it was!? That was like a perfect set up! I would have asked her right away!! If she knows it's her and she's still good friends with you, then she must be ok with it! You should tell her!!!!

11. Orange Bananas

I guess I probably should. I don't want to ruin the friendship, but you're probably right in thinking that she won't stop wanting to be friends with me if I do. I'll be back soon with what happened.