1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Straight girls-lesson learned

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by justalesbian, Apr 17, 2014.

1. justalesbian

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    While on vacation, I got a message from a girl on a dating app who seemed very interested in me. When I asked her what her sexual orientation was she replied with "bi or bi curious" usually this response would have turned me away but she was cute, I was on holiday and I never expected to develope a soft spot for her. Over the course of two weeks she would constantly text me and initiate conversations with me, even going as far as sexting me and sending me naked pictures very often. Everything was going great, the only problem was that everytime I would try to progress things (like calling, or going out) she was hesitant and had an excuse but would always reschedule. We met in person once but it was in a public setting and I couldn't stay long. She even got upset with me once for not having asked her out saying "she had initiated things the ball was in my court". We were meant to go out a few days ago (which she had rescheduled for) but she texted me saying she had a huge paper which she didn't know was due. I was leaving in a few days so I told her it was no problem and that it was good to have met her and wished her the best, which she replied with "you too. And sorry I'm such a flake. You deserve better." I spent the night crying and that was it. My guess is that she is straight and couldn't bring herself to move forward with me. I have had girlfriends in the past that had never been with a girl before but they came out and are now gay. So I guess you never really know.

Anyway this is my first post on empty closets and I'm looking forward to being part of such an accepting community. :icon_redf

2. CaptainClyde

CaptainClyde Guest

I think it completely sucks that we are stuck in a world where a person's choice of who they love/sleep with is met with so much hostility. :frowning2:

3. stocking

stocking Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I tend to say way from bi curious girls because their not sure of themselves yet . I would have preferred to date a bisexual girl than bi curious because at least the girl bisexual knows what she wants .

4. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

Yeah, I would stay away from bicurious girls. Actual bi girls are fine, but bi-curious ones aren't sure of themselves and generally are just looking to experiment. It's easy to get hurt with them.

5. FireSmoke

FireSmoke Guest

Oh, you're so sweet :icon_bigg

Everybody is more than welcome in this community, also for you :thumbsup:

6. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I feel that it's actually quite common for straight women to want a semi-romantic relationship with another woman at some point, especially a more confident/ strong/ mature woman - basically someone who seems more dependable and put together than them. This could be part of the reason why many hypothesize that all women are somewhat bisexual under the right circumstance (a view that I do not agree with but it's an interesting concept). I've served as the "substitute boyfriend" for probably half a dozen girls but none of them were actually interested in me. It's difficult to know sometimes and the more times you're disappointed, the more cautious you tend to become. However, for what it's worth, it sounds like she did care for you but was simply straight. Don't let it make you bitter toward her or toward bisexual women, in general. And she was honest that she was "curious" so, with time, maybe you'll feel happy to have met her anyway.

Welcome to EC. I hope you like it here. :slight_smile:

7. sldanlm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Unfortunately when you start a relationship with someone who is bi curious, you're rolling the dice as to what will happen. Like you said "I have had girlfriends in the past that had never been with a girl before but they came out and are now gay. So I guess you never really know." , that is so true. I recently introduced a bi curious friend of mine to a lesbian friend of mine, and they're hitting it off well so far, everything worked out okay, but there was certainly a chance it wouldn't.