1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mates joking and teasing me

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by bigbiboy95, Apr 17, 2014.

1. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Ive came out to a few mates and all they have been doing is taking the p**** out of me and been teasing me, how do I get them to stop. It was fine at first but now it's getting annoying, I just want them to stop

any tips and advice is helpful

2. Trentacles

Have you asked them to stop?

3. bigbiboy95

bigbiboy95 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yes hut they are carrying on

4. Anonymouse7

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I had a similar problem with my friends when I first came out, they never had any real problems with it, they even admitted that it was just a cheap joke that was always sure of a laugh, in the beginning I laughed along as well but after a few weeks it began to wear me down.

My guess would be that you are closest to one person in that group, if you talk to that one person and just explain that it's not funny anymore then they can talk to the group about it, seeing as it is probably just some fun on their part they will probably just stop and move on or at least that's what happened with me.

Best of luck

5. Soillse

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Yeah, I get the same - one of my friends constantly calls me a dyke - has actually outed me to quite a few people this way. Your reaction really depends on your friends. Will they find it funnier if you react? If so, ignore it and they'll eventually get bored. If not, confront them about it directly.

6. action160

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess that is how they deal with your coming out. You need to be very direct and tell them it is getting old and you want them to stop or you will stop being around them.

7. GayDadStr8Marig

It's one thing to make some jokes to break the ice so everyone doesn't feel like they have to constantly second guess everything they say around you. But when it's making you uncomfortable or hurting you, then you have to speak with them seriously about it. Friendship means being respectful of your feelings. Just make sure they understand that you're not shutting down the fun just that the constant harping on you is too much. It probably is just a coping thing with them adjusting to having an openly gay friend. If they can't respect your feelings and dial it back then give yourself some space for a while so they get the message.

8. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well bigbiboy this has just not been your week with your mates being mean to u and now u got banned yikes my brother a hug from sup

(*hug*)