1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

At the Gym...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Jack of Hearts, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    So today I went to the gym.

When I first went to a class, there was boy who looked at me and smiled a little; I smiled back as compliment. He seemed to be around my age (23) or maybe 1 or 2 years older. Than after the class, I kept training and, since we were near each other making the same type of exercises, our eyes met again 2 or 3 times and very little smiles we made once again. Than I went to the bathhouse to get my trunks and cap to got to the pool and jacuzzi. The jacuzzi is very little and only 2 or 3 people (maximum) fit on there. It happened that a while after I entered the jacuzzi, the same boy entered as well and stood there by my side; sometimes he was closing his eyes, sometimes he seemed to be looking at me, which I didn't notice exactly because I'm shy and I didn't feel comfortable looking at him for so long. After a few minutes, by the time I had to leave, the jets turned off and I turned them on again before leaving. He smiled and thanked me, I smiled back and said "good afternoon". While I was leaving, his eyes met mine 1 or 2 times more.

I'm a 23 year old bisexual virgin boy without any experience on love/sexual relationships (never had a boyfriend/girlfriend) and only came out to my parents a month ago. Although I find him cute, I'd like to know your opinion on this since I don't have ANY experience in this kind of things. Do you think he is interested in me? I don't want relationships just for sex. I want to know people better and have a loving relationship better before proceed to intimate actions. Maybe we should talk a bit more when we meet again in the gym? What advices can you give me on this?

#1 Jack of Hearts, Apr 17, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014
  2. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's difficult for anyone here to say for certainty as we weren't there and couldn't see all the nuances in the glances and body language.

However, on the face of it, he seems to be into you. I definitely think it's worth talking to him. It's the only way you are going to know for sure. Even if he's older he may still be shy to talk to you. Be bold and take the first step if you are interested and just see where it leads.

Of course, ultimately it's up to you. What ever you decide to do, I hope it goes well.

Happy days :slight_smile:

3. Jwis

I am in a similar situation. I would befriend the person first, even if you just become gym friends for now.

I have never asked someone out in person - Only have met people from online. Here is the catch though - I know he is gay I saw him on a dating website. I don't think he has seen my profile though.

We are pretty good gym friends. We even have gone on a few runs together outside of the gym.

Good luck in whatever you decide to do! Hope it works out well!

4. LostAndAffraid

Sounds like you found yourself a good potential man there, good luck, just aproach the subject carefully.

5. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for the answers! :thumbsup:

I`m going to the gym today again and if I see him I will compliment..
    "Hi! *smile and handshake* how are you?"

I hope it doesnt get awkward and I dont say something out of context, as I said I dont have any experience on these things. Any suggestions on how to start a conversation carefully without looking like Im trying to hook him up ? Maybe ask for advice on a specific exercise and than ask if he goes to the gym often? For now I just want to befriend him and know him better, personality-wise..

Maybe I should just leave it there and don't start a conversation at all..Or maybe Im just thinking too much..

#5 Jack of Hearts, Apr 18, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  6. Kabuki

Nah! People get really nervous, and I, being inexperience like you, understand you completely. I think you should just do what you wrote, you are in a gym so it won't feel weird asking about exercise and all that. I think just keep away from too personal topics for now, if he asks personal things then you can answer him and maybe ask the same thing back to him. But initiating it may seem weird. At least if he does ask personal questions it may indicate interest on his part.

Good luck man :thumbsup: and don't think too much just be like you always are :icon_bigg

7. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you Kabuki! :icon_wink

I'll see how it goes.. I'm an anxious person so this isn't really easy x) I guess I'll just try to relax and let things flow.. ? If at least there was the same class as yesterday I could ask him If he was going and stand by his side...but unfortunately it won't.

8. Kabuki

You're welcome :icon_wink

Just let it flow, if he does go and the eye contact continues then say Hi. Maybe say you don't know many people here and ask if you can hang out with him during the exercise. I don't know :confused: sorry I may not be helpful, I have the same problems as you, I'm just trying to look at things neutrally. But yeah, you can just go with the flow and act accordingly with it. If you feel is the right moment to say hi, then do so, maybe give a smile, most people like that, I know I do. :grin:

9. LostAndAffraid

I agree, just ask him if you can work out with him. Learn about him, ask him for a spot. W/e, it will be fine I'm sure.

10. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Well he wasn't there today..It's also a holiday on my country and the gym was closing earlier so.. Too much worrying for nothing x)

Maybe next time :| Thank you guys, I'll keep you updated!

11. Kabuki

Sure thing :slight_smile: Good luck next time :thumbsup:

12. MisterScruff

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Start with telling him your name, silly! Shake hands so you can develop a familiarity, then offer to help with his training! Easy peezy! Good luck!!! :slight_smile:

13. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you so much! Sorry I didn't see your reply before :icon_wink

Well I went to the gym on Monday, Tuesday and today at the same hour as the day I met him and still nothing... :icon_sad: I'm disappointed, maybe he wasn't interested after all...I want to find my soulmate so badly and this really raised my expectations...It's ridiculous how much I thought of the possibility of finding him again this week :lol:

I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and I think I'll still present myself if I get to see him again, but I'll try not worry or think about it...

Meanwhile, I will update if I have news :icon_wink

14. Kabuki

Awww :icon_sad: I know how it feels, so I can understand you. That soulmate will come, just give it time, and lots of thought(don't just go for the first one that is interested back, you have to think carefully about it).

Anyways, maybe one of this days he'll appear and you'll get your chance, just don't forget the reason why you're going to the gym. It has happened to me that I see this person and I end up visiting the same place lots of time to see if I'm able to see him/her again. The problem is that it might stray you from other things that are more important than a hot passerby.

Keep us update :thumbsup:

15. Jack of Hearts

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hey!

After nearly one month without seeing him despite going to the gym almost every day, I finally did some progress with this guy at the gym!

Let me tell you the whole story...

I was there at the same hour as before and went to the same class. Just like before, he wasn’t there… I did the exercises like the teacher ordered during 20 minutes and then the class ended. When I was walking out the class, I saw him passing right by my side in the direction of the bathhouse. We looked at each other and I said “Good afternoon” while smiling and extended my hand for a handshake. He smiled brightly, accepted the handshake and replied “Hey! Good afternoon!”, and then entered the bathhouse. I haven’t made much exercise by then, but since he was probably going to the spa again, it was my chance to finally have the opportunity to talk to him, so I went as well.

When I entered the spa I saw some people on there, but I couldn’t find him. So I decided to enter the Turkish bath house. It is a pretty small and hot room, yet there was like 8 people on there. And there he was! I sit and when I look at him I notice he was staring at me; he smiled again. Than another man entered. There was almost 10 people resting on that room and it was getting awkward, because it was very silent and it wasn’t really appropriate to start a conversation on there. So I got out and moved to the sauna, another hot room but this time it had only one person inside when I walked in. Soon after, he enters the sauna as well and sits with his back to me. I was hoping the other man would get out… but instead, a woman entered! Again it was silent and getting awkward, and most of all, really hot and uncomfortable. This time, he got up first and exited the sauna. I got up right after. Then I saw him enter the pool and then the Jacuzzi, the same little Jacuzzi as the first time we met. I followed him: entered the pool and then the Jacuzzi. Yet, another man entered… He looked at me and smiled; I smiled back and an awkward silence followed. Then the jets turned off; the man exits the Jacuzzi and I turn them on again.

We were both finally alone! He looks at me, smiles and says a joke, which made me laugh… After this, it was him who started the conversation! He asked for my name which I asked back. Then we talked for almost 20 minutes. He is 33 years old (looks younger though), we told each other what we do, where we live, where he works, where I study, what we want for the future, travels and his hometown. He also said he goes regularly to the gym yet he rarely sees me, because he usually goes to another class on the 2nd floor. We could have talked for longer time, but both of us had to leave. He seems to be a really nice person, so let’s see how this rolls on my next trips to the gym. I think I’ll try the classes on the 2nd floor.

I’m really happy to finally start befriending him :lol:

Thank you everyone who replied and all your support! :thumbsup:

16. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Great story! Proof that persistence pays off! :grin:

Here's hoping this is the start of a beautiful friendship...

17. Brandiac

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This sounds like something out of a fairy tale. I mean what are the odds of this happening? I mean granted it's not a country where you have to make sure you're not found out so everyone is a little less stressed about giving signs in hopes of receiving a positive answer to them. Just give it time, who knows if he is gay or not? The worst thing you can do now is jumping into conclusions. You don't want to end up feeling disappointed. Just be clever, and worst-case scenario you'll make a friend and that's it :slight_smile:

18. confuseduser99

Awesome story! I had a similar experience at a store but it hadn't led to anything much. Good luck! We're rootin' for ya!

19. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Leave it to the Turkish bathhouse... Maybe I should try this with a girl... :3 Anyway, best of luck, mate! *makes kissy-face sounds and runs off giggling* :wink:

20. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Nice story - well done for taking the chance!!

Maybe you'll even bump in to him in the street or in a cafe .. keep us posted !!!