1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I ask without sounding awkward or creepy?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Noir, Apr 17, 2014.

1. Noir

I want to hug this girl so badly!! The girl I like really loves it when I run my fingers through her hair and massage her neck, and I love getting to hug and spoil her. We haven't really had any time for a while now, though, to just spend time together cuddling like this. We've been spending the past two months hanging out, having meaningful conversations, doing things for one another, and just enjoying the other's company.

But it's almost always in public or somewhere she has to worry about what other people might think (I'm comfortable with my sexuality, but she isn't with hers). She also doesn't really invite people over anymore because she's embarrassed of the messiness of her room and maybe some of her housemates' behavior, plus she has a dog to take care of. Last year I would always come over from my dorm to visit her, but since she established this, there's really no place for me where I can have those nice quiet, intimate moments with her. I know that she somewhat is attracted to me and she's told me how much she loves it when I touch her like I described, but there just aren't any opportunities anymore!

She just got over a cold, and when she told me she was sick she also told me how much she missed my fingers, so I told her I would fulfill her request when she got better. But I just don't see any way to suggest it or ask without sounding awkward or creepy! >< What should I do??

2. Adarya

Can you invite her over to your home/apartment/wherever you're living? If you can't maybe you can set up a time with her where she knows her roommate will be gone and you can possibly go over then.

3. Noir

I suppose so....She did just come over to my house for the first time not too long ago and she seems to like my house and where I live, but I think I just feel awkward with my family there:confused: I don't want to invite the girl I like over to my house for some private time only to worry about my parents interrupting or my other siblings wanting to talk to her, too. All of them surrounding us or just in the other room. Plus, I felt especially awkward when she met my family for the first time and then later that night when she'd left, my dad asked my older brother if he thought she was someone he might like to date--despite that my family knows my orientation and fully supports me. :eusa_doh: I guess it never occurred to them that I might want to somehow date a girl I bring home.:dry:

4. Adarya

Ugh, what your family did the first time you introduced her must have been terrible. It's sort of inconsiderate for them to do that.
    Is there a time when they're out of the house that you could invite her over?

5. Noir

Is it pushy or rude of me to ask if I could come over to her house? I suppose I could also always use my art as an excuse...I'm studying to be an artist, and she's one of my models, but I never finished drawing her portrait.

There are always those days where my family has their own things to do, though I'm not sure how often they would come around. I have been thinking of asking her over, though, to take a look at my backyard when everything is blooming and not...dead-looking like it did when she came earlier in the year.:rolle: