1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

K, so there's this girl...

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by Young Blood, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So there's this girl who works with me and she's actually so pretty! I talked to her the first time today and oh my dear lord, she's cute! :icon_redf For a while I would only look at her from a distance, but I finally spoke to her today. Problem: Almost positive she's straight :dry:
    Am I doomed? There's no way this is going to go anywhere is it? :icon_sad: What do I do? :help:

2. ema228

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Almost positive? Maybe ask or try to find out for sure what her sexual orientation is. If she is straight, honestly you should try your hardest to not develop feelings or you may feel sad and hopeless(trust me. lesbian in a nice big town of cute straight girls) Keep some hope until you know for sure that she is straight. Just try not to sulk about it because it probably won't go anywhere if she is straight. Try not to get too attached or develop a massive crush.

3. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ok, thanks! I guess that makes sense...Sucks though :frowning2:

4. twizt

I suggest just being friendly with her and getting to know her first. People are complex. Even if she identifies as heterosexual (which you don't actually know yet) she may develop something for you personally. Or you could end up as wonderful friends.

5. Agaetis Byrjun

What makes you sure she's straight? Does she talk about cute boys, or have a boyfriend she's super devoted to? Or is it just her appearance, or the way she acts around boys? Because unless you have concrete evidence that she's into boys, you shouldn't think straight until proven gay. Because there's a whole lot of gray area, there could be gray area she hasn't thought about yet. And she could be gay. We still have a visibility problem, a lot of lesbians who are less than completely butch have difficulty with being mistaken for being straight. So... don't assume before you know, try getting to know her, try flirting and see how she reacts! Best of luck to you! :wink:

6. Young Blood

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks guys! I'm definitely going to talk to her more and find out! I just see the way she is around guys and I just sort of automatically assumed. I know I shouldn't do that. But thanks for the advice guys!