1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to escape this vicous circle of thoughts?

Discussion in 'General Support and Advice' started by IwillBeStrong, Apr 20, 2014.

1. IwillBeStrong

Hi guys,:smilewave
    Well, I've got a problem. I'm a 18 year old indian girl who is attracted to girls and isnt yet out to anyone

In the past months I've noticed that everytime I see a pretty girl or someone I could be attracted to I start thinking about how it would feel to be with them. These thoughts actually make me happy but just after imagining a girl with me my vicious circle of thoughts start coming up. I start thinking that I never could be happy with a girl because of my indian parents and how much shame I would bring on my family and from there on it goes on like that without an end. Another major problem is as I've never had a girlfriend before so these thoughts of girls come often in my mind and so do those disturbing thoughts about how it is not going to happen that I will have a gf once. Does anybody know how I can stop thinking about all of this? And how I could stop imagining myself with every atfractive girl I see? I'd be so grateful if anybody could give me some advice on this. Thanks :slight_smile:

IwillBeStrong

2. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

I know these circle of thoughts. I use to destroy them with loud music:grin:
    Great help, I know:grin:

3. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    At your age, you're pretty much doomed to this, I'm afraid. Hormones, you know? But why can't you ever have a girlfriend? That thought, you do need to destroy; I'd recommend writing down all of the reasons why you think it isn't possible and why it is possible and then once the latter is greater than the former, burn/ shred the list and the negative thoughts with it. :grin:

4. IwillBeStrong

Haha I would have to listen to loud music all the time for this method to work :grin:
    Ps: Du bist aus Deutschland? Ist ja cool, ich komm aus Österreich :slight_smile:
    Schön gleichsprachige auf diesem Forum zu finden :slight_smile:

5. Gates

Gates Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    OP - EC requires you to make posts in English so they can be understood by mods so, you may want to edit that/ post a translation.

6. IwillBeStrong

Oh great! These hormones again!
    However, thats a great Idea wih the lists! So i could get those beliefs of not being able to ever get a gf out of my mind. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:
    Well as I mentioned before my circumstances (being an indian and everything) kinda hinder me ..and so I subconsciously tell myself that I cant be the way I am .. I know this has to stop.

---------- Post added 20th Apr 2014 at 10:16 AM ----------

Oh gosh Im srry! :frowning2: Im new here I didnt know that. Translation: Hey you're from germany! Thats cool Im from Austria. Pretty cool to find people from a german speaking country here! :slight_smile:

7. CharlsOn

CharlsOn Guest

Funny:grin:
    And yep, this idea with the list seems to be useful:slight_smile:

8. Opheliac

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'm indian too! *high five*

What Gates suggested is good. And you aren't going to live with your parents your whole life. Are they actively homophobic?

9. IwillBeStrong

Wait, what? You're indian too? Oh that's great! *high five*
    Great to know that other indian lesbians actually exist ^^

Well, no but for the next few years Im definitely going to live with them. :/
    No they are not actively homophobic. Its kinda like a "taboo". We rarely talk about it.